Reference No. CDTSIO
Reference Number: CDTSIO
A pan-African fund management company focused on investments in medium sized companies in Sub-saharan Africa, is currently looking for a Senior Investment Officer to join their team with the following personality attributes:
- Adaptable, creative and resourceful
- Dynamic, self-motivated with a lot of work energy
- Long term focus in this field, seek deeper values and ability to develop a strong sense of ownership and responsibility, requiring minimal supervision
- Knowledgeable, professional and give attention to details
- Assertive with a very positive attitude
They have an office in Nigeria that oversees our Anglo-phone west Africa operations.
- Responsible for business development and generating investment pipeline
- Lead the investment process including deal sourcing, initial deal screening, conduct preliminary analysis and evaluation, structuring and due diligence, portfolio management including creating value add opportunities, reporting and exit planning.
- Deal Screening:
- Ensure that the potential transactions are in line with the Fund’s strategy, development impact objectives and highlight relevant regulatory and reputational risks, conflict of interest and environmental and social issues.
- Due Diligence:
- Manage and interact with the different consultants as regards making investment decisions.
- Portfolio Monitoring:
- Interact with the management of portfolio companies and review performance on regular basis.
- Discuss with portfolio companies the strategies or action steps to enhance performance.
- Deliberately seek to create value add opportunities in addition to those contemplated in the investment thesis
- Oversee the compilation of periodic reports (monthly, quarterly and annual reports).
- Distribute investor quarterly and annual reports.
- Investment Exit Management:
- Oversee exit activities to ensure expected value is realized from portfolio companies.
- Lead exit process and negotiation with eventual advisors
- Leadership and People Management:
- Provide oversight, direction and coaching to junior team members.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or Relevant
- A Master’s Degree will be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Originating, Prospecting, Managing Portfolio Companies
- Experience working with Investments
- A strong, and wide network of existing relationships within the AWA region
- Significant experience of leading all aspects of the deal process
- An excellent investment track record
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Should enjoy working in a growing team with an entrepreneurial, high-performance culture
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; Any additional language is a plus
If you wish to apply for the position directly, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at email@example.com
Chalden Du Toit
Banking, Finance & Information Technology
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful, however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.