Senior Manager Engineering (Expansion / Mining / Bulk Commodities) – West Africa
Our client is looking for an Engineering manager for their expansion project in West Africa. The candidate will have the overall responsibility for direction and delivery of project engineering design within safety, schedule, cost, quality and environmental criteria for the project
- Participate and lead engineering process and procedures representation and activities management in conjunction with leadership. In particular, HAZID, HAZOP and HAZAN studies and all PEER reviews
- Ensure project engineering package requirements (safely / operability/ timely / budget / people / quality etc.) are conveyed in a timely manner to Operations and ECM contract personnel.
- Project engineering related communication or progress meetings, where project engineering related package requirements / discussions / negotiations will occur.
- Develop and specify start-up and 2 year spares requirement with operational input
- Ensure all vendor supplies necessary literature and training for specific equipment is supplied, undertaken and developed into and operational system.
- Mentor and coach Owners’ team members and project engineers.
- Build relationships with ECM Functional Leads and internal stakeholders to ensure project and operational engineering problems are addressed and resolved effectively in a timely manner.
- Ensure direct reports are provided with clear direction and work expectations.
- Continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing engineering related organisational or package technical problems and opportunities; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals and teams towards goal achievement; establishing and accomplishing significant personal and team goals
- Review capital requirements for engineering items, to meet long term objectives of the Company.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Engineering Manager (Post Grad. Degree, Advanced Diploma, Graduate Certificate)
- Structural, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineer
- Proven Engineering Manager/Director with execution phase experience at senior level on Mining, Processing and/or Materials Handling Infrastructure Capital Projects $1B plus, for 5 to 10 years.
- Proven experience on a large project construction environment at senior level on
- Mining, Processing and/or Materials Handling Infrastructure Capital Projects US$800 million
- Executing and constructing Brownfield Processing and/or Materials Handling Infrastructure Projects (minimum 3 years) to the value of a minimum of 500 million USD in bulk materials or hard rock mining
- Proven multi discipline, construction based EPCM/ECM Processing and/or Materials Handling Infrastructure Project delivery experience in similar projects and industry
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.