Let's find out where you can grow your career
Senior Manager: Financial Planning and Analysis (Strategy / Analysis / Budgeting / Financial Planning) – Pretoria, South Africa
Our client is a large banking firm seeking to employ a Senior Manager: Financial Planning and Analysis. The purpose of this position is to provide managerial and strategic direction to the financial planning and analysis team, lead the budgeting and strategic commercial functions, provide business advice to management in driving the business, and support growth and transformation through the commercial function.
- Lead financial planning, investment management and commercial management for the Bank
- Oversee the development and implementation of a budget plan that reflects the three- to five-year objectives and priorities of the relevant departments, brought down to a one-year operational view.
- Review contractual arrangements (Mainly IT) and drive commercial negotiations and supply arrangements with relevant stakeholders.
- Design and implement a commercial decision-making framework for the bank, benchmarked and following leading best practice, including methodology and templates to assist and support heads of department in their planning process.
- Provide insightful information on long-run cost structures, benchmarks and a business case for a strategic cost review.
- Lead the engagement for the production of reporting and management information in order to facilitate appropriate internal liaison and support management decision-making, working with budget representatives across the various departments in the bank.
- Proactively engage with business partners to understand the relevant key cost drivers of departments.
- Coordinate commercial input to capital spend and new business initiatives within the bank.
- Manage the strategic relations with key stakeholders, both within and external to the bank.
- Lead the financial planning and analysis function with set, achievable objectives and targets, prioritise work, and manage resource utilisation, the quality of deliverables and control costs.
- Manage the performance of staff and promote and support career management and development.
- Provide sound input into all investment cases for the relevant business projects and the banks departments, namely the Business Solutions and Technology Department and the Corporate Services Department.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- a minimum of a Chartered Accountant (CA (SA)) or a Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) qualification; and
- a minimum of 10 – 12 years’ experience in a financial services environment, with at least 10 years in a management position.
- a Master of Business Administration (MBA) qualification (This will be an added advantage)