Senior Manager Operational Readiness (Operational Readiness / Project Expansion / Bulk Commodities / Mining) – West Africa
Our client, an International Mining Company with global operations is currently looking for an experienced Senior Manager Operational Readiness to join their project expansion in West Africa.
The Senior Manager Operational Readiness will have the overall responsibility for direction, preparation for and successful implementation of safe, smooth and effective transition to stable operations.
This includes planning, implementation and closing activities necessary to successfully transition and make ready the operation through the project execution and ramp up phases from DSO to Concentrate production to the defined operational KPI’s.
- Provide leadership and direction of safety management across all facets of the operational readiness planning and execution
- Comply with all aspects of the company policies and values including the Code of Conduct.
- Participate and lead Environment and Community representation and activities in conjunction with company leadership
- Manage the provision of operations input to design and ensure that the resultant scopes are agreed and signed off by all parties.
- Manage the on-going interface between the Operations team and the Project team throughout execution
- In partnership with the Commissioning Manager, ensure a smooth transition from Construction into Operations so as to enable a safe, smooth and rapid ramp up to full production
- Ensure project operational requirement changes are conveyed in a timely manner to Operations.
- Operational readiness related communication or progress meetings, where project execution related requirements / discussions / negotiations will occur.
- Mentor and coach Owners’ team members and project engineers on operational readiness requirements.
- Build relationships with Project execution and ECM functional Leads and internal stakeholders to ensure operational readiness issues/problems are addressed and resolved effectively in a timely manner.
Requirements: Qualification, Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Proven and measurable leadership of safety behaviors and systems within a large project commissioning and ramp up environment.
- Proven Operational Readiness Manager/Director with operation to project execution transition phase experience at senior level on Mining, Processing and/or Materials Handling Infrastructure Capital Projects $1B plus, for 5 to 10 years.
- Proven experience in operating and/or commissioning Brownfield Processing and/or Materials Handling Infrastructure Projects (minimum 3 years) to the value of a minimum of 500 million USD in Iron ore or hard rock mining.
- Proven multi discipline, commissioning based EPCM/ECM Processing and/or Materials Handling Infrastructure Project delivery experience in similar projects and industry.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Attractive Salary in USD