Let's find out where you can grow your career
Senior Mechanical Engineer (EPCM / Mechanical Design / ECSA / Mining) – Gauteng, South Africa
537 0902 MHU
February 9, 2022
Reference Number: 537 0902 MHU
Our client is a leading EPCM, recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience in the mining and minerals industry on large capital projects, particularly in remote locations and abroad. Main objective of job is to ensure that designs are in accordance with project / study requirements and company objectives and are produced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Prepare/Review technical specifications, contract specifications, calculations, reports, design criteria, tender documentation, installation contract documents and other documents required by the project / study in accordance with project, discipline, statutory regulations, good-practice and company procedural requirements.
- Required to serve as discipline lead engineer from time to time depending on operational requirements.
- Ensure project filing system is maintained and kept up to date in a discipline or project system.
- Ensure the that designs produced support the method of construction and ease of plant maintenance and operations.
- Ensure design engineering standards are maintained and adhered to on all projects.
- Review and comment on design documents and drawings from own discipline and from other disciplines.
- Review and approve vendor documentation for compliance with project / study specifications.
- Estimate, control, and review design scope changes.
- Attend factory acceptance tests and provide input into vendor’s test documentation.
- Liaise with client to ensure that design is in accordance with agreed requirements.
- Liaise with Site construction staff on technical queries on resolution of engineering design issues
- Prepare project close out reports with comparison of design and procurement budgets.
- Conduct regular design group meetings within a project / study context.
- Provide timely reports regarding all discussions held and progress made. Ensure all correspondence is recorded.
- Allocate work and aid discipline engineers and designers on projects / studies.
- Input into progress reports, including listing achievements and highlighting issues as required.
- Provide input into proposals and man-hour estimates
- Work closely with other consultants and other disciplines and Project / Study Managers to ensure that client’s objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance and take initiative for safety and environmental issues.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc, BEng or B. Tech or National Diploma with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- ECSA registered
- Minimum of 8 years Mechanical design experience in the mining and minerals processing area in the design office and in the field.
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of word, databases, spreadsheets and discipline related application software.
- Site experience – construction and commissioning.
- Slurry pumping experience.
- Materials Handling experience.
- Mechanical Package experience
- Good verbal, written, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- An appreciation of the value of teamwork and willingness to work as part of a team, providing support for other team members as required.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive package
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.