Senior Mechanical Engineer (Mining / OEM / Mechanical / Expat) – Sierra Leone
Reference No. 272 01 RR
Our client, an international mining house is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer who will direct, train, coach and prepare National workforce to perform Engineering and Maintenance tasks according to OEM and best industry practices, support Engineering Manager in all related tasks, run Continuous Improvement programs, solve problems/issues according to Engineering standards. The incumbent will support Superintendent in achieving Plant KPIs, Production, and Maintenance Compliance.
- Identifying and assessing Maintenance issues and risks at the Plant
- Specifying the work necessary to comply with the OEM and other requirements.
- Formulating plans to achieve and/or maintain compliance and manage Maintenance risks.
- Supporting function managers on site to enable them to provide appropriate input to the compliance process.
- Providing one-on-one guidance to colleagues in the management team that will assist them in achieving compliance.
- Train and coach Nationals in specific and technical tasks to OEM standards
- Prepare training material based on OEM recommendations
- Apply specific Engineering techniques to solve problems
- Manage specific KPI
- Work in accordance with company Standards
- Ensure all incidents / events are documented, reported, and investigated in the appropriate time frames to an appropriate standard
- Own effectiveness as a company employee
- The outputs and working behaviours of subordinates
- Sustaining a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs
- Continuously improving the processes used by the team in delivering outputs
- Exercising effective managerial leadership in relation to his/her subordinates
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 10 years’ experience in extractives industries as Plant Mechanical Engineer
- Desirable 5 years’ experience in leadership roles
- A University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in crushers, mills, pumps, pipes, and conveyor belts
- Expertise in SAG Mills is essential
- Sound financial management
- Good computer skills (MS Office, MS Projects, CMMS)
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Previous exposure to multi-national, ethnic, and cultural environments
- Full driving licence
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate opportunity
- FIFO rotation
- Competitive annual net package
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.