Senior Process Engineer (Base Metals / Design / Operations / Chemical Engineer / Metallurgical) – Northern Cape
Our client is in need of a Senior Process Engineer with a background in design and operations in a base metals environment to join their team on site in the Northern Cape.
- Provide a holistic process engineering function from design to operational aspects.
- Managing activity to ensure production processes are executed safely and efficiently.
- Identifying, investigation and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Plan, control and manager all process engineering activities.
- Assisting other departments with process design.
- Carrying out process evaluations and developing process concepts.
- Assisting in technical evaluation of process plant equipment.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Metallurgical Engineering or Chemical Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma (BSc degree, HND Extractive Metallurgy or similar).
- 10 years’ experience in process engineering in both design and operations, with at least 4 years at a senior level.
- Previous base metals experience.
- Experience in continuous improvement, R&D, debottlenecking and plant performance maximization.
- Previous contractor management experience.
- Computer literate.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Applicants must have South African citizenship and currently reside in South Africa.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.
- Relocation required.