Let's find out where you can grow your career
Senior Program Manager (Vaccines / Health and Manufacturing / Pharmaceuticals / NGO Experience / Project Management) – Remote, South Africa
March 10, 2022
Reference Number: LBGLK008
An exciting global pharmaceutical client of ours is looking to hire a Senior Program Manager. The Senior Program Manager will be based in South Africa, work as part of a team to design and manage the implementation of donor-funded project activities in client’s Global Health and Manufacturing Services (GHMS) Division, specifically activities related to Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in South Africa and the region under a USAID-funded project. The Senior Program Manager will provide the day-to-day program management oversight of assigned projects, including development of workplans, implementation and monitoring of project activities, drafting of progress reports, and development and management of project budgets, to ensure high quality results and the overall success and integrity of the project. The Senior Program Manager is responsible for providing strategic management in client assigned countries to achieve program and country goals and ensure that activities are based and informed by country needs and priorities. The Senior Program Manager may supervise a team that may include program managers and program associates, as well as short-term and long-term consultants. The incumbent will report to the Deputy Director.
- Participates in strategic planning discussions and leads the design of project activities in close collaboration with the Vaccine Director, client’s leadership, and other staff.
- Supervises program managers and associates that support countries in the portfolio, as well as consultants as assigned.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Vaccine Director leads the planning and implementation of the assigned project activities to include development of annual workplans, activity monitoring matrices/implementation plans, performance monitoring plans, and progress reports with the support of the M&E team.
- Collaborates with the in-county teams and HQ staff to ensure the documentation of the program activities, highlighting technical and programmatic innovations, strengths, results.
- Leads cross-functional project management teams to include technical, M&E, and finance staff to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines, while remaining within the defined project scope and budget.
- Manages timelines/deadlines and provides quality control support for project deliverables to ensure effective, efficient, and compliant project implementation.
- Works closely with technical team and country program teams to identify opportunities for innovation, harmonize approaches, and maintain high quality standards in activity implementation.
- Develops scopes of work and manage sub-awardees, consultants, and vendors, as applicable while ensuring compliance to donor rules and regulations and client’s policies.
- Delivers timely and high-quality donor reports; ensures M&E data is regularly collected and documented; and works with other staff, including field staff, to develop global reports that demonstrate progress towards achieving specific targets.
- Proactively anticipates, identifies, and facilitates resolution of potential project issues and risks relating to delays in implementation of project activities.
- Develops project budgets and monitors project expenditures to ensure activities are implemented within budget and prepares pipelines/projections as needed in collaboration with Finance staff.
- Develops effective working relationships with USAID, and other donors and key partners; and represents client at key stakeholder meetings.
- Collaborates with external partners including other international and local partners in-country to jointly achieve the public health program goals. Designs programs and create business opportunities for program growth and sustainability.
- Manages performance and career development goals for direct report and ensure client’s processes and timelines for documentation are adhered to.
- Ensures good records management, according to client and donor’s policies.
- Master’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, public health, or related field required
- Minimum of 8 Years of experience managing donor-funded (e.g., USAID) global health projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple workflows, while effectively managing project timelines and deliverable schedules.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English language.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures and prior management of USAID-Funded programs.
- Ability to build relationships and interact effectively with technical experts, other partners, and donor agencies.
- Authorized to work in South Africa.
- Position is currently remote but will become an in-office role at a later stage.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.