Senior Project Development & Construction Engineer ( Renewable Energy / Solar / Energy Access / Mini-grid ) – Nigeria
Reference No. 277 03 23 MNW
Reference Number: 277 03 23 MNW
Our client, a pioneering renewable energy provider & financer, is seeking a Senior Project Development and Construction Engineer who will be a core part of the company’s growing in-house technical team. The incumbent will provide technical oversight and supervision to the company’s Developer Partners as they work to bring projects to commission, and serve as on-the-ground representative to Developer Partners and other stakeholders in Nigeria. This role will largely function as an “Owners Engineer” and will need to be both technically and commercially astute.
- Work closely with Developer Partners on mini-grid site selection. You will analyse site survey data for multiple sites and provide insights on productive use potential hence ensure the best sites are progressed
- Manage Developer Partners to ensure relevant permits, community commercial agreements and site exclusivities are secured on time
- Oversee project development milestones for multiple mini-grids projects, by regularly following up with the Developer Partners
- Arrange and lead stakeholder engagements and meetings to further project objectives
- Drive productive loads strategies to ensure developers have put in place measures to collect sufficient data at development phase and clear plans are in place to connect productive users
- Review and approve engineering designs for power generation plant and power distribution network to ensure developers comply with company standards
- Track and monitor project activities and milestones at deployment phase i.e. procurement and construction and provide project management oversight
- Provide technical oversight at construction phase to ensure mini-grid sites are constructed as per company standards
- Provide technical oversight on acceptance tests and start-up of operations at new mini-grid sites
- Apply company HSES policies to development, construction operations and maintenance on our sites and help to develop safe operating practices and standards
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 5+ years of experience in assessing, developing, implementing and managing energy projects or power systems engineering.
- 2+ years’ work experience in solar PV mini-grids development, construction or maintenance with a top-tier firm
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field required; other advanced degrees and project management courses will be regarded favourably
- Strong understanding of AC/DC Electrical Power Systems, Power Electronics, and/or Solar Energy
- Experience in quality assurance/supervision of solar PV systems and power distribution network designs, bill of materials, technical specifications, construction, testing and commissioning
- Experience in mini-grid site assessments including end-user surveys, demand assessment, productive use, etc
- Clear and effective communicator across diverse audiences
Benefits and Contractual information:
- USD Salary
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Managing Lead: Renewable Energy & Mining
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.