Senior Resettlement & Social Specialist (Environmental / SIA / Community Development / Resources) – Gauteng, South Africa
429 0810 MHU
A leading environmental service provider to the resources industry has an urgent vacancy for a Senior Resettlement & Social Specialist position.
- Managing the administrative and technical aspects of social impact assessment and resettlement projects (either as stand-alone projects or as part of an ESIA).
- Winning projects through proposal compilation and building of positive relationships with new and existing clients.
- Compilation of Social Impact Assessment reports and Resettlement Action Plans.
- Managing socio-economic and asset surveys, including analysis and interpretation of survey data.
- Engaging with stakeholders at community and government levels.
- Liaising with clients and project partners.
- Effectively managing interfaces between disciplines – e.g. coordination between social/ resettlement practitioners and database management, GIS, stakeholder engagement, land surveying, economic modelling, community health impact assessment, etc.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Post graduate degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Research Psychology or related field
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience in finance and project administration
- Must have demonstrable experience in compiling professional reports that meet applicable technical requirements.
- Experience in special-purpose studies (e.g. Social and Labour Plans, Community Development Plans, influx management, artisanal mining, etc.) would be beneficial.
- Experience in electronic (tablet-based) social surveys and/or statistical data analysis would be beneficial.
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Specialist knowledge within the field of social impact assessment and resettlement.
- Knowledge of French or Swahili would be beneficial (but not essential)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Will need to relocate to Gauteng if based elsewhere – initially working from home most of time, but will involve weekly office meetings