Let's find out where you can grow your career
Senior Software Engineer (Python / Ruby / Remote) – Cape Town, South Africa
October 4, 2021
Reference Number: SFFDS02
An exciting global client of ours is seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to join their Global Technology team. This position is open to remote work within South Africa or can be based out of the Cape Town office. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys small organizations, multi-tasking, and a highly flexible work environment. Our developers share a passion for making things work in challenging situations and seeing the impact of our work first-hand. Our Global technology team helps develop and improve our platform’s architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional and technical levels. Since the software is used for applications related to many different types of problems, from agricultural extension education to improving delivery outcomes at birth, the software is written as a portable application engine. That means we don’t often build custom code for specific projects.
- Build new features using modern best practices such as version control, continuous integration, automated tests, and daily deploys.
- Collaborate with our multicultural development and implementation teams around the globe.
- Build software usable by groups of people facing unique challenges (remote locations, low literacy levels, no experience with technology, etc.).
- Mentor and coach junior engineers.
- Brainstorm ideas on how to improve our software design and development process continually.
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experienced in developing enterprise-quality software in a high-level language such as Python or Ruby.
- Background in building software for the web.
- Experienced in leading architecture and design decisions.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the Django framework.
- Ability to mentor and assist junior developers.
- Eligible to work in South Africa.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development.
- Familiarity with open-source technology.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- This position will be required to overlap with US Eastern Time working hours for at least four hours every day.
- Open to remote work.
- Permanent role.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.