Senior VP: Health and Safety ( Mining / Executive / OHS / Group Strategy / Systems / ISO ) – South Africa
101 18 02 MNW
Our client, an international mining house, is looking for a Senior Vice President of Health and Safety to lead the Health and Safety departments by ensuring that the Health and Safety management framework / systems are formulated, and processes and information are actively integrated.
- Ensure corporate direction, values and business goals relating to Health and Safety matters are well understood throughout the organisation.
- Align the strategy cross-functionally to support the integrated Health and Safety framework for external compliance to applicable criteria.
- Lead and drive Innovation & Business Improvement projects and initiatives as it pertains to Health and Safety.
- Align to international responsible mining principles.
- Establish appropriate direction for Health and Safety business units based on the translation and interpretation of the vision and mission of the organisation.
- Benchmarking of operating entities and the company to local and international peers
- Design fit for purpose systems as it pertains to Health and Safety in the organisation
- Improve organizations position in terms of Safety and Health internationally and externally.
- Post graduate Diploma / Honours Degree / Professional Qualification Degree in Health or Safety.
- Master’s Degree in Health and Safety would be advantageous.
- Certificate in ISO 45001: 2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard.
- At least 13 years’ experience in a Health and Safety related position, of which 7 years should have been at a senior management level or experience in a functional/specialist area.
Benefits and Contractual information: