Shaft Engineer ( Mining / Maintenance / Underground / GCC / Shaft ) – Tanzania
Reference No. 232 07 RR
Our client, an international mining house, is seeking a Shaft Engineer who will contribute on a practical note to ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure targets are met.
- Implement and coordinate safe and efficient hoisting procedures to attain scheduled production tonnage at minimum cost.
- Implement standard operating methods and safety procedures in compliance with plant and government mine regulations.
- Monitoring and control of critical stoppages and incidents resulting in reducing production and execution of appropriate action plan to ensure reoccurrence is prevented.
- Effectively promote, deploy and comply with all safety & health and environmental policies, standards, procedures and regulations in accordance with Tanzanian mining legislation.
- Management of maintenance, repairs and servicing of equipment within area of responsibility.
- Effective and efficiency of allocation of maintenance resources as measured by schedule compliance, PM compliance, level of planned vs. unplanned work and the ongoing management of backlogs.
- Plan and implement predictive and preventive maintenance strategies and techniques, to ensure that the Hoist Plant Asset condition is maintained at high standard and incompliance with applicable regulations.
- Proactively develop quality systems, approaches and practices as needed
- Expansion of mining infrastructure and activities and related services to support production planning
- Supplier and vendor management and networking, specifically related to local business to further Tanzanian national mining industry development
- Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly reports are completed accurately, on time with appropriate content
- Preparation of the annual budget and management thereof and implementation of continuous improvement and cost control
- Identify training needs within the team and develop training plan in conjunction with Supervisors and the training department
- Create working environment that ensures team member gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programs
- Ensure deployment of key initiatives and communication of relevant messages to team members and all other relevant parties
- Ensure that all safety incidents are reported and investigated according to procedures and on time
- Assist with any other assistance in investigation when required
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar diversified high-level portfolio.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Competence certification in mechanical or electrical engineering field for Mines and Works
- Knowledge of major mining product suppliers and service providers
- Experience in Shafts, Underground Production is essential
- Engineering understanding and knowledge of Mine Winder hoisting systems with previous operating experience at mine(s) specializing directly with winder hoist systems.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual USD Net package
- FIFO rotation – 6/3
- Tier One Global Mining Company
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.