Shift Boss (Mining / Underground / Shift Supervising Ticket / Training / Base Metals) – Africa
103 26 22 MNW
Our client, a successful player in the international mining industry, is currently seeking a Shift Boss to join their operations in Africa. This key position will provide an excellent opportunity to further develop your career and work alongside experienced Underground Mining professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment. You will also be capable of leading and training national supervisors to a high level of proficiency.
- To oversee the day to day operation of shift workers and equipment usage at an underground mine site,
- To ensure all workers on shift are trained and competent to always perform their duties safely and productively.
- Training of National Supervisors and workforce to a high standard
- Ensure mining operations are conducted in a safe manner and any safety issues are promptly reported to the Underground Manager.
- Ensure targets are met.
- Perform the daily management, control and supervision of the working areas in accordance with all relevant Acts and Regulations.
- Oversee the mines interest with regard to duty of care to all employees, sub-contractors and visitors.
- Organise crews, rosters and day to day running of the site.
- Conduct daily work planning meetings / toolbox meetings.
- Submit incident reports in writing to the Site Manager.
- Carry out crew training, practical assessments and review each employee's development, mentoring and performance.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Underground Shift Supervisors role.
- Have a current Underground Shift Supervisors Ticket.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience.
Benefits and Contractual information: