Reference No. 240822 AM
Reference Number: 240822 AM
Our client, a multinational mining group with operating assets in South Africa, is currently looking for Shift Boss to join their team in Limpopo. As the Shift Boss you would be reporting to the Mine Overseer and would be responsible for the following:
- Ensure SHEQ compliance within the team through effective use of the toolbox
- Utilise the information management system (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status
- Train and coach teams
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture
- Maintain labour stability by minimising labour turnover
- Labour complement in line with budget
- Manage performance against set targets and competencies
- Ensure IDP's are linked to performance results and implemented as per plan
- Conduct career discussions and implement actions with all identified talent (quarterly)
- Ensure discipline is maintained (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
- Coach and counsel people to ensure improved performance levels
- Inspect all workings in area of responsibility as frequently as may be deemed necessary by the Mine Health and Safety Act
- Inspect every working face blasted within 48 hrs
- Conduct risk assessments daily.
- Inspect all other workings (not blasted) at least once a week at intervals not exceeding 10 days
- Daily during shift inspection visit all miners under his charge and satisfy himself that work is proceeding safely under every mine section (Area of responsibility)
- Record findings in the logbook
- Ensure adequate material is available for safe production.
- Measure blasted panels (Development end) and plot on survey plan.
- Plan, organise to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly developments end target Monitor and control the Tactical Plan
- Achieve mining budget
- Monitor and control section (development end) costs
- Any other responsibility that can be reasonably expected in this role I function.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Associate's / bachelor's degree in business administration or related field preferable
- Blasting Certificate or Underground Rock Breaking Certificate
- Competent A & B , Strata Control , HIRA and Medical Fitness
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Mining
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- 5 years' experience as development shift boss preferable
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Position
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Aimee Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.