Short Term Mine Planner (Engineering / Planning / Scheduling / Reporting / Drainage ) – Central Africa
72 08 15 MNW
Our internationally acclaimed mining client is currently seeking a Short Term Mine Planning Engineer for their new mine in Central Africa. The purpose of the role is to ensure that short term plans (less than 1 Year) are in place that are implementable and accepted by the Mining Department, and that these support medium and long term plans and objectives.
- Conduct problem solving and trouble-shooting of MRM Mine Planning systems
- Assist with converting Mine Planning conceptual layouts into Survey data
- Rolling six-month plan, showing depletions, tons, grade, etc.
- Waste dump planning and dumping strategy (liaison with Mining and Mine Survey)
- Design and siting of drainage
- Schedules short term planning sessions (preplanning)
- Liaises with engineering colleagues to gains agreement/commitment on short term plans before implementation
- Coordinates gathering of data and inputs for short term planning sessions
- Assist with ventilation layouts and ad hoc monitoring thereof.
- Uses reconciliations to analyse performance to provide input into corrective planning
- Coordinates daily reporting
- Ensure that the Mining Contractor adheres to Survey layouts and limits
- Verify Survey-calculated monthly volumetric and spatial reconciliation against Monthly Mine Plans, and report on variances as well as corrective measures, when required.
- Assist with compiling Monthly Mining Reconciliation reports (with Survey) and compiling MRM Reports
- Mentor individuals to enhance the individual`s knowledge, skills, values and attitudes
- Conduct on-the-job training and coaching as required or where deemed necessary
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- A mining engineering degree, diploma or equivalent tertiary level qualification.
- At least 5 years relevant industry experience of which at least 2 years should be as a Mine Planner
- Technical knowledge of mine planning, surveying and geology disciplines
- Good reporting and numerical skills
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Contract Position