Shovel Trainer (Shovel Operator / Mining / Open Pit / Copper) – Central Africa
Our client, an international mining company operating in Central Africa is currently looking for a Shovel Trainer to join their operation. The ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting the training and assessment of shovel operators. Ensuring their continuous improvement through field and classroom training and giving them the tools to operate as safely and productively as possible.
- Implement action plans for shovel operator training.
- Carry out competency-based training assessments of shovel operators.
- Identify operating deficiencies of operators.
- Coach and mentor shovel operators.
- Carry out field practical training sessions.
- Analyze specific operator requirements and recommend appropriate training.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for additional training with mine operations.
- Manage documentation and records of training that has been carried out in accordance with the KCC Training Management System.
- Ensure operators that are signed off on equipment continue to display the correct behavior and skills with respect to the approved training.
- Identifies safety or production hazards.
- Actively participate in all mining department activities such as hand overs and toolbox talks.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 5+ years’ experience within mining industry.
- Cert 5 training certification or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ operating 600t or larger hydraulic mining shovels in both face shovel and backhoe configurations.
- Experience operating Cat 6030, Cat 6060 6060 hydraulic mining shovels in both face shovel and backhoe configurations, and electric face shovels.
- International drivers’ license.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Salary USD