Site Manager (Construction / Management / Building / Build-smart / Residential)
My client is looking for a Site manager that has experience in the construction and building sector. The Site Manager should have a clear understanding of project requirements and how to implement the requirements daily.
- Resources control, by ensuring that delivery and allocation of resources is timeous and correct.
- Understands the technical requirements of the site and ensures that this is incorporated into the project plan and implemented at the correct time by the relevant individuals.
- Management of the contractors in terms of the sequence of trades.
- Can accurately follow, understand and implement the detailed Microsoft bar chart block programs.
- Remains ahead of all deliverables on a project and ensures that project deliverables are on track and completed within the required deadlines and according to the required specifications.
- Ensures that all site staff have been provided with clear guidelines of their daily tasks and required deliverables per project.
- Ensures that the quality control paper work is accurately completed and submitted to management timeously and that the necessary engineer sign-offs are correctly followed.
- Accurately identifies potential risks and raises these with management.
- Deals with employee issues in terms of management and discipline.
- Where necessary deals with council and those involved in terms of site issues.
- Helps with the general controls of the site office, storerooms and bathroom facilities.
- Accurate reporting and participation in the site meetings. Providing accurate project updates and feedback.
- Timeous completion of month end requirements and submission of accurately completed timesheets reflecting time spent on transaction work.
- Ensures that the correct procedures are followed during the handover of units to clients.
- Submission of expense claims timeously with the necessary supporting documentation and approvals.
- Understands and can control the measuring equipment effectively (i.e. dumpy levels, DCP etc.)
- Pays careful attention to the quality of work and conducts detailed quality control during projects.
- Ensures that quality standards are clearly documented along with the relevant procedures to follow.
- Can effectively solve problems that arise on the projects.
- Ensures that issues are dealt with effectively to ensure they do not reoccur.
- Ensures that the technical and quality requirements have been set up accurately and that it is communicated and understood by all.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimal of 8 years Residential Development experience
- Diploma / Tertiary qualification or certificate in relevant field
- Matric is a requirement
- Deadline driven
- Good management of staff and their time
- Excellent project management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be able to work as a team and independent
- Keep confidentiality essential
- Ability to work on multiple tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Excellent time management
- High sense of urgency
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Must have own reliable vehicle
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund