Let's find out where you can grow your career
Social Performance Coordinator ( Renewable Energy / Stakeholder Engagement / EMP / ESG / CSR ) – Western Cape, South Africa
114 16 04 MNW
Our client, a leading renewable energy company in South Africa, is looking for a Social Performance coordinator who will be responsible for project-specific stakeholder engagement functions and community investment programs in the Western Cape.
- Develops project specific stakeholder engagement plans that align to the clients Corporate Stakeholder Engagement Planning Process, including the design, implementation and management of a grievance mechanism
- Manages the mapping of stakeholders and execution of stakeholder engagements
- Identifying and analyzing relevant and appropriate partners and stakeholders according to interest, impact and influence
- Manages the compliance of all community stakeholder related requirements and processes under environmental management programs.
- Responsible for reporting back to management on stakeholder engagement and providing input to management reports on grievances, community matters and stakeholder engagement activities
- Acts as a point of contact for the local communities, communicating and distributing key project information
- Identifies key community risks (e.g. equal employment opportunities) and community opportunities to be managed at the local level to mitigate risk and to optimize initiatives undertaken respectively
- Liaises with company’s project managers and site managers to disseminate pertinent community intelligence that may impact the project activities
- Assists the ED team practitioners with any information and data gathering for REIPPPP ED reporting, as required
- Assists in managing and coordinating the annual ED audits
- Assists the ESG team in the design and implementation of a long-term SED & EnD strategy that effectively addresses community needs
- Assists the ESG team in the management of community needs assessment processes
- Identifies & designs sustainable initiatives that support the long-term SED & EnD strategy
- Manages the implementation of and monitors the initiatives that support the long-term SED & EnD strategy
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 5 - 8 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Exposure to the REIPPPP preferable.
- Willing and able to work in the Western Cape, outside of Cape Town.
Benefits and Contractual information: