Strata Control Officer (Open Pit / Open Cast / Rock Mechanics / Blasting) – Northern Cape
Our client is seeking a qualified Strata Control Officer with a background in open pit mining to join their team in the Northern Cape.
- Implement the Strata Control function in areas of responsibility.
- Assisting in geotechnical engineering design layouts and support systems.
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders to monitor as built conditions and provide guidelines to establish best practice.
- Development and implementation of the pit monitoring system – monitor, measure and report on pit conditions.
- Refining geotechnical domains.
- Pit inspections, geotechnical mapping and observing drilling and loading activity.
- Drawing up technical reports.
- Providing training on geotechnical matters.
- Reporting to the Geotechnical Engineer.
- Relevant mining / geology qualification.
- Strata Control Certificate (Chamber of Mines).
- Current SANIRE membership.
- Blasting certificate advantageous.
- Grade 12 / Matric.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Red ticket (medical certificate).
- 5 years’ experience as a Strata Control Officer in open pit mining environments.
- Blasting background advantageous.
- Strong focus on safety standards.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.
- Relocation required.