Let's find out where you can grow your career
Superintendent – Business Evaluation (Financial Modelling / Investment / Mining / Mandarin / French) – Central Africa
June 11, 2021
Reference Number: 157 AB
Our client an International Mining & Chemical company is currently looking for a Superintendent – Business Evaluation to join their Mining operation in Central Africa. This role is part of the Finance & Business Support Function. The core accountabilities of this role include framing and delivery of quality business and investment evaluations and commercial analysis in support of major decisions in the areas of Project Investment Decisions, M&A and Operational Site investments. This position is also accountable for developing and maintaining the life of asset models on sites, linkage with the Corporate Valuation Model and related analysis.
- Effectively frames, evaluates, and communicates major business investment and commercial proposals
- Responsible for Life of Asset valuation model for the mine site including collation of technical and financial inputs, to deliver evaluations on a broad range of scenarios.
- Communicates risks and uncertainties to the Site Leadership.
- Enhances the organizations reputation for determining the ‘right’ projects/acquisitions through diligent collation of input data and best practice financial modelling and evaluation techniques.
- Active involvement in the Site Integrated Business Planning process including participating in development of asset strategy, framing and evaluation of long-term strategic alternatives, evaluation of life of mine production plans and co-ordination of the annual business plan.
- Ability to identify and communicate critical issues and continuous learning from past investments and experiences
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with regional and site management, commercial & operations teams and Group office functions including Group Finance and Business Development.
- Provide support to Value Optimization efforts and operation finance model at site.
- Works effectively with Group Business Evaluation in support of company’s Business Evaluation objectives
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with financial modelling and investment decision-making activities
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a mining environment
- Experience at an operating mine site or as a member of a development project owners’ team will be valued
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in a technical or financial discipline
- Additional post graduate qualifications (i.e. MBA, Applied Finance & Investment) desirable
- Must be speaking English & Mandarin / French would be an advantage
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to FrenchAfrica@camining.com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.