Reference No. 310 04 RR
Reference Number: 310 04 RR
Our client is seeking a Supply Chain Manager who will manage the effective delivery of the Supply Chain function on site. The incumbent will oversee Procurement, Stores and Logistic functions and manage subordinates. Furthermore, the incumbent will assist to development and implement supply chain systems, policies and procedures and monitor compliance.
- Take charge of the Supply Chain Function on site and oversee all Stores, Logistics and Procurement related activities and responsibilities.
- Assist to review, develop and implement policies, procedures and workflows related to Supply Chain Management.
- Ensure that all internal and external customers are aware of, and adhere to, approved processes and procedures related to the Supply chain function.
- Monitor and ensure that the correct goods are sourced via approved, correct procedures and in adequate quantities as per approved orders and budget.
- Ensure that internal customers are continuously updated around estimated delivery timeframes of goods and ensure that goods arrive on time as per logistic plan.
- Develop interventions and implement plans and alternatives whenever any critical order deliveries are delayed.
- Contribute to the achievement of site production targets by ensuring that necessary and critical items are in stock, when required.
- Assist General Manager to develop a project stock budget for approval by applicable Snr. and Executive Management.
- Implement approved site stock budget and monitor budget adherence (cost control) on a cost to actual on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Identify, develop and implement cost saving initiatives in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Prepare and present monthly reports related to Stock and Stores, as well as Procurement.
- Manage stock and Stores function in conjunction with the Stores Superintendent.
- Take ownership, implement and administer ERP and Procurement systems (SAGE & Pragma).
- Ensure data integrity and that set procedures and process flows are adhered to by all system users.
- Assist with systems-specific workflow and procedure development and implementation.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with suppliers.
- Track and Monitor expenditure towards BBBEE suppliers, to ensure that required targets are met.
- Ensure that Department is adequately staffed as per approved site complement, at all times. Liaise with HR Department to have all vacancies timeously filled.
- Manage discipline and initiate disciplinary action in line with applicable disciplinary procedures, where required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Must have at least 8-10 years’ Supply Chain management experience, of which at least 3 years must be at a similar level role.
- Must have Diploma or Degree related to Stores & Procurement/ Warehousing/Logistics and Supply Chain Management or Cost Accounting (Formal qualification compulsory)
- Must have excellent knowledge of heavy earthmoving equipment and parts with at least 5 years’ related working experience in an opencast mining environment
- Excellent computer skills and vast knowledge of related software programs (MS Office, Pragma & Sage).
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and clean criminal record.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive package
- Permanent role
- Management level role
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.