Let's find out where you can grow your career
Supply Chain Manager (Projects / Contracts / Procurement / Mining / Expat) – Lubumbashi, DRC
172 02 RR
Western Africa#Southern Africa#Eastern Africa
February 14, 2022
Our client is a multinational diversified mining company. The role of the SCM is to develop and execute procurement strategies for the various projects across Africa, with emphasis on compliance to procurement business processes and best practices required to drive Cost of Sales improvement initiatives, productivity optimization , whilst ensuring service delivery to all internal projects
- Display mastery in any of the functional procurement fields.
- In-depth knowledge of best practice Procurement, Internal Customer engagement and People management
- Proven achievement in understanding complex Commercial agreements.
- Strong supplier relationship-management skills.
- Ability to manage complexity & ambiguity.
- Understand financial reports and relevance/impact to the total operation.
- Display knowledge of the dynamics of culture required to leverage staff morale and productivity.
- Understand the value chain in order to realize identified benefits and savings.
- Draft and manage the budget for the procurement project department.
- Controlling costs and monitoring the budget for the procurement project department, reporting where relevant on expenditure.
- Ensuring proper governance across the entire procurement process, through monitoring and reporting on costs and key risk areas.
- Supporting, assigning and co-ordinating work done by Procurement project team, including performance management, coaching of subordinates, making the most effective use of the time of others.
- Ensuring that the procurement project department is staffed with capable and competent people (i.e. ensure that the recruitment and training services work for the department)
- Support an organisational climate conducive to performance and ensuring compliance with relevant local and international legislative and regulatory requirements, with a strong focus on environmental and safety legislation and governance.
- Manage resources (people, finances, technology and products), taking local conditions into consideration.
- Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained.
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders where required, including all other departments, suppliers, customers, and shared services.
- Manage communication, monitoring, reporting and control activities throughout the project lifecycle to all levels of stakeholders.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Procurement (or equivalent)
- Driver’s License. Appropriate professional registration as appropriate
- Advantageous Exposure to senior management development program’s and specialist logistics management program’s is a distinct advantage.
- Extensive experience (minimum of 8 years) on an EPCM project environment with capital projects, specifically in a management role
- Related training in Contracts/Legal as well as general project and management related training
- Experience with drafting of commercial terms and conditions and an understanding of accompanying legal implications
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Excellent understanding of procurement processes which include both materials and contracts management and corporate governance principles
- Knowledge and understanding of quality systems, environmental, health and safety regulations, expediting techniques and Incoterms applications
- Experience and understanding of contracting and purchasing strategies
- Project management knowledge with proven managerial skills
- Experience in dispute resolution techniques and their applications
- Prior experience in the administration of construction/service contracts and major equipment purchase orders
- Experience in using, developing, and implementing procurement reporting tools.
- Experience in the mining industry related to mining operations.
- Diverse international experience is an asset.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expat package
- FIFO roster
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.