Survey Manager (Mining / Mine Design / Geological Modelling / Technical Services) – Northern Cape, South Africa
452 2501 MHU
Reporting to the Manager: Technical Services, the role will contribute to the achievement of the company
objectives by supplying management with efficient and effective survey services with respect to mine production, mine development and surface monitoring and control, in addition to survey support for environmental, civil engineering and general management services to facilitate management of all resources.
- Provide survey services and data at the required level of accuracy to mine management, production and engineering for production, development and projects.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant legal requirements of the MHSA (1996) and the Mineral & Petroleum Resources Development Act (2002) in terms of survey responsibilities.
- Planning & Budget: Provide input into the departmental budget.
- Manage the budget for the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the generation of cost saving ideas.
- Specialist Advice: Provide Survey expertise and skills to the operation; advising on Survey solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the operation.
- Knowledge & Capacity: Ensure capacity and bench strength of functional talent pool by coordinating, directing and leading Survey talent in area of responsibility.
- Engagement & Communication: Engage internal and external stakeholders on Survey related matters, and support the operation on Survey related engagement.
- Engagement & Communication: Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound Communication system within the Technical Services (Survey) Function and the operation.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation Audit: Ensure that all Survey reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines and schedules.
- Monitor and evaluate performance against established strategies, frameworks, systems and programme, and identify and advise on opportunities for improvement to provide assurance to the Manager: Technical Services.
- Ensures that all prescribed plans are drafted and kept updated as per relevant legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all survey information is collected calculated and reported to the level of accuracy required by legislation.
- Ensure minimum standards for survey data capture and reproduction on manual drafting, CAD and GIS systems.
- Accurate measuring, recording and reporting of production and development results to management and the DMR.
- Provide input in the design, planning and control of mining layouts for optimum safe production and extraction rates.
- Responsible for the implementation of effective systems for the monitoring of slimes dams and open pit rim and sidewall stability.
- Maintain a company land asset register and assist and recommend to the legal and company Secretaries as to servitudes, land ownership and land usage.
- Risk Management & Liabilities: Participate in a sustainable process to identify, assess and rank Survey risk as these relate to the operation, in order to promote a Survey and risk-aware culture, ensure that any potential impact is understood, and facilitate effective decision making, Survey risk mitigation and provide this as input into the ERM program.
- Risk Management & Liabilities: Contribute to the identification, analysis and interpretation of Survey risks within the operation and contribute to the design and implementing of strategies and systems to mitigate risk and to prevent and reduce loss of the operation's assets. Provide this as input into the ERM program.
- Safety, Health and Environment: Model behaviour that is consistent with the Company Vision and Values.
- Requisite Management Leadership practices
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mine Surveyor’s Certificate of Competency (RSA).
- Tertiary qualification in Survey or Mine Survey
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Mine surveying with at least 4 years in a Senior Surveying position.
- Registered as a member with RPO (PLATO, IMSSA).
- Management Development Programme (MDP) or equivalent qualification.
- Advantageous: Senior Management Development Programme (SMDP) or equivalent qualification.
- Advanced computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of survey calculation and modelling software – please indicate clearly on your CV
- Knowledge of CAD and GIS software – please indicate clearly on your CV
- Knowledge of Mine Design and Optimisation Software – please indicate clearly on your CV
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Accommodation provided
- Competitive salary