Reference No. 283 02 RR
Tailings Reclamation Superintendent (Mining / Reclam / TSF / MRF / GISTM / Plant) – DRC, Central Africa
Reference Number: 283 02 RR
Our client, an African mining house, is seeking a Tailings Reclamation Superintendent, who will be the section operational lead of the Mine Tailings Reclaim for Mining and Geology areas.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of production improvement initiatives with the Technical Services team and Mine Reclaim Contractor to provide bottom line benefits to the operation.
- Liaise with the Maintenance team and Mine Reclaim Contractor to eliminate unnecessary downtime and improve availability and overall plant utilization.
- Assist in enhancing production goals whilst ensuring plant integrity and improving safe operating practices.
- Assist with the evaluation of production and technical projects to maximise equipment life, head grades, metal recoveries and plant performance within budget constraints.
- Liaise with the Technical Services team and Mine Reclaim Contractor for optimum mine reclaim scheduling, metallurgical monitoring, commodity accounting, reconciliation and process control.
- Champion the production improvement initiatives and programs and ensure that the mine reclaim process achieves a high level of compliance with the target KPI’s and budgets, with consistent tailings reclaim product delivery to the pre leach thickener.
- Manage production and technical resources to ensure the plant metal feed units input requirements are met.
- Manage the 24/7 operations shift teams, ensuring operations are undertaken in an efficient, safe and cost effective manner taking into account business objectives, environmental and OH&S requirements and regulations.
- Work hand in hand with the manager all aspects of deposition on the Tailings Residue Storage Facility and ensuring legal freeboard is maintained at all times.
- Ensure accurate area inputs into the mine tailing reclaim model, detailed production reporting and unit cost analysis, staff development and operator training programs and timely performance reporting are undertaken to the required schedules.
- Assist with execution of mine plans, plant trials, chemical analysis and production improvement projects.
- Contribute to the Mining and Geology department budget and forecast processes.
- Assign, supervise, and review the work performance of all section areas Supervisors, Contractors and Operators.
- Focused on staff development and training programs and performance reporting are undertaken to the required schedules.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 5-8 years minimum technical and operations supervisory experience working in large hydro sluicing, slurry pumping-handling expert. Tailings Deposition experience essential.
- Process or Mining Engineering, or successful advanced-level senior mining-processing operations experience and process plant management level attained.
- Demonstrated processing and hydro mining production success.
- Extensive experience demonstrated in commissioning, hands on operating, training and driving large processing plant slurry handling equipment.
- Understanding and experience in managing a tailings storage and reclamation facility
- Experience working in isolated FIFO locations within Africa or developing countries necessary.
- English speaking capability with French preferred
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO rotation
- Competitive USD Net package
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.