Let's find out where you can grow your career
Team Lead: Sourcing and Contracting ( Mining House / Procurement / SCM / Contract Management ) – JHB, South Africa
110 07 04 MNW
Our client, a mining house with assets in Africa, is seeking a Team Lead: Sourcing and Contracting to join their team in Johannesburg. This is a vital role in managing the sourcing and contracting function for the Supply Chain department.
- Work with peers to balance resources to requirements across teams
- Ensure work done in the team meets all compliance requirements established through Companies Standards, WQR’s, Procedures and Work Instructions
- Monitor and report area performance against plan / budget and decide remedial action
- Establish, develop and foster relationships with cross-functional peers and stakeholders, ensuring mutual understanding of requirements
- Proactively engage cross functional peers and stakeholders to identify and implement improvements and enhancements to systems and processes
- Execute Sourcing & Contracting activities by taking direct responsibility for critical impact requirements or in periods of peak workload/team member absence
- Work collaboratively with Contract Management peers in order to ensure the management of selected contracts – including supplier performance reviews, validation and expedition of contract deliverables, rate reviews, rectification of under-performance, process compliance, and associated activities.
- Contributing to the review and development processes and disciplines for Supply Chain
- Building and providing external benchmark perspectives against Supply Chain activities
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal customers, peers and external partners
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary Qualification in a Commercial/Business/Engineering discipline
- Preference for 5-10 years’ experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Sourcing and leadership roles
- Experience in strategic sourcing and developing commercial arrangements and capture of outcomes in contract documentation
- Proven ability to coach and develop team members in the identification and delivery of total cost reduction and efficiency opportunities.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Perm Role
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.