Team Leader Corrosion Metallurgy (Refinery / Petrochemical / Expat Package Family Status)
Leads the development & implementation of routine and non – routine corrosion mitigation and metallurgy, and continuous improvement of process unit corrosion assessment methodologies at Orpic, under Manager Inspection Services. Aiding projects and operations with failure analysis & defect elimination on corrosion and fouling control. Extend the life cycle of valuable operating equipment and optimize efficiencies and avoid expensive unforeseen shutdown in petrochemical plants; in order to ensure and support Asset Integrity.
Team Leader, Corrosion Metallurgy position will act in accordance with Orpics’ Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards.
- Overseeing corrosion monitoring and control programs and systems to ensure plant and equipment meet the required company standards, applicable codes of practice department strategies and company policy.
- Leads technical interactions with other departments, clients, customers and suppliers to address problems and show commitment to clients and customers
- Act as the technical advisor to the technical service department – inspection services including management of change (MOC) and HAZOP.
- Defining major repairs to fixed equipment and providing support to the inspectors when they generate repair work scopes
- Act as the focal point of contact for legislation relating to inspection services to provide input on new capital projects and planned maintenance works.
- Review comment and approve inspection process procedures & services and inspection frequencies/ applicable of equipment.
- Provide input on risk assessment and scoped items (inspection & QA/QC activities) into the annual maintenance plan and turnaround worklists.
- Maximized equipment availability through effective corrosion control programs.
- Minimized instructive inspections through effective NDT techniques.
- Minimized turnaround execution days and maximized time between turnarounds
- Risk Based Inspection Programs
- Defect elimination and root cause analysis of all repeat failures
- Carries out the technical evaluation of tenders and generates the evaluation report.
- Coordinate with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering Services on matters such as plant problems through to proposed projects.
- Monitoring of individual performance and KPI’s for timely update and feedback to team members and management.
- Ensures compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures in the section and company in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum Qualifications is a University Degree in Mechanical/Metallurgy/Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role along with a minimum total experience of 15 years in Engineering Services (Oil & Gas / Petrochemical or Refinery Plant experience preferred).
- Sound judgment in technical matters with good skills in engineering field materials specifications, integrity inspection, plant design optimization/modification and applicable code &standards.
- Knowledge in software applications like Meridium, PI, and RBI etc.
- Corrosion Monitoring Techniques & Corrosion Inhibitors and Corrosion Control Measures
- Coating and Cathodic Protection
- NACE, ASME and other industry codes
- RBI, RCA and Defect Elimination.
- Risk Assessments, HAZOPS & Safety
- Good knowledge in QA/QC, ISO 9001, ISO 1400 and HSE plans
- Knowledge & experience in NDT & specialized equipment inspection techniques.
- Holder of National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) certification is an advantage
- Knowledge of inspection, corrosion engineering, welding, materials and QA / QC.
- Experience and well versed in field investigation, inspections, troubleshooting, performance checks, data compilation, etc.
- Understanding of Process Plant (P& ID / PFD) & Engineering drawings and OEM manuals