Technical Section Leader (Petroleum / Oil / 6th Generation) – Offshore, Angola
We have an opportunity for a Technical Section Leader to be based offshore, Angola. The successful candidate will be expected to take on the overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the technical department. Extensive experience on 6th generation drillshis is required.
- The overall condition and maintenance of all equipment onboard.
- Managing the technical department.
- Budgetary control of the department.
- Keeping the filing system onboard the unit up to date.
- All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
- All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
- That clear daily guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
- Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
- Operational progress is reported to the Rig Manager and OIM as required.
- Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
- Active participation in meeting activities.
- Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
- Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
- Extensive experience on 6th generation drillships is required.
- Chief engineer unlimited license required