Let's find out where you can grow your career
Temporary Financial Accountant (3 Month Contract / Retail / Accounting) – Johannesburg, South Africa
January 26, 2022
Reference Number: CDTLEETACC
Our client is currently seeking a Temporary Financial Accountant for a 3 month contract, who will maintain full responsibility for the daily maintenance of all accounting records for their retail client. This individual will need to have experience within the retail space.
- Cash book maintenance.
- Management of creditors’ function (including supplier payment, reconciling to supplier statement).
- Management of debtors’ function (including debt collection and reconciling debtors’ balances).
- Provide monthly creditor and debtor age analysis.
- Reconcile salary information provided by third party salary administrators to bank account payments.
- Reconcile VAT accounts, prepare and submit VAT returns as well as make payments, collect refunds as is applicable.
- Daily takings reconciliations for takings relating to the prior day for all stores, with the weekends and public holiday takings being reconciled on the next working day.
- Reconciliation of petty cash items at the stores on a monthly basis.
- General ledger responsibility.
- Daily bank reconciliations.
- Other asset/liability reconciliations.
- Fixed assets – sub ledger to general ledger.
- Maintenance of general ledger to trial balance.
- Prepare management accounts on a monthly basis.
- Enhance internal operational efficiencies and development of reporting tools to enhance the performance of the business.
- Ensure compliance with tax authorities and other statutory legislation.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A degree in accounting and/or completed CIMA qualification
- At least 5 – 10 years relevant work experience
- Must have experience working with SAP and Xero
- Retail experience can be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.