Let's find out where you can grow your career
Trade Marketing & Marketing Manager (Market Performance / Market Strategy) – Libreville, Gabon
May 12, 2022
Our client, a world leading FMCG concern is looking for a Trade Marketing & Marketing Manager to join their start up team in Libreville, Gabon, reporting to the Regional Director East and Central Africa. The incumbent will be responsible for managing Trade Marketing and Marketing performance across all channels for Gabon, including digital, traditional, out-of-home, on-trade, etc. This role is also co-responsible for volumes, Net Revenue, market share, content deployment, trade programs performance, commercial assets performance and execution.
- Develop the Marketing and Trade Marketing Strategy for Gabon across all channels
- Responsible for all brand strategy in the country in collaboration with Distributor, Zone, Global Brand team and local Marketing / trade Marketing Agency
- Developer of tools/communication for key stakeholders: Focused on Trade Program, Activation, POC materials, CAPEX development in Gabon.
- Create annual media plan strategy in conjunction with local agencies and Zone teams; monitor key performance indicators and adapt plans as per effectiveness.
- Improve the Efficiency of the Sales & Marketing Package mainly through (1) co-development with Zone on Activation Gameplan, (2) Market Program performance tracking.
- Work closely with Zone teams to develop commercial plans for Global Brands and adapt toolkits for implementation.
- Responsible to guarantee brand consistency through execution, by (1) having the right POC materials, (2) targeting the right channels for the POCM/Market Program initiative, and (3) through wholesaler/Sales Rep training, communication & POCE.
The Trade Marketing & Marketing employee shall be primarily responsible for the following characteristics:
- To ensure a structured and detailed reporting system with customer and internally
- Development of marketing and strategy plans for the company portfolio in line with global strategies
- Identification of opportunity/gaps
- Positioning of company portfolio and global brands in line with global strategies
- Development of launch plans
- Implementation of globally developed marketing campaigns/toolkits
- To leverage the company’s global strength through implementing and exchanging of best practices
- To intensify the strategic partnership with local partners
- Managing of cooperation between Distributor, Sales (Key Account Manager), and Brand Ambassadors
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Business degree preferred with specific Commercial education. Graduate level qualification a plus.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Business or brand agency
- Experience in a sales environment is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of effective management of USD$1 million+ Budgets is an asset.
- Fluent in French and English
The competencies can be derived from the above expectations and responsibilities. The Trade Marketing & Marketing responsible should have a strong understanding and competency in:
- Ability to understand and interpret business requirements and translate into action / strategies.
- Organizational skills and ability to plan the team workload effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage conformity to established procedures & processes.
- Excellent team leadership & able to develop strong relationships with colleagues & customers.
- Agility & willingness to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to influence peers and lead by influence. People management skills.
- Ambitious mindset with a bias for action and track record of delivering results
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.