Reference No. 382-1205LH
Reference Number: 382-1205LH
Our client is in need of a Maintenance Engineering specialist with expertise in underground trackless machinery and both underground and surface fixed plant to join their team on site in East Africa.
- Overseeing engineering maintenance for all mobile and fixed plant.
- Ensuring operational, safety, health, environmental and quality standards, policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensuring required targets are met for equipment performance and work management.
- Ensuring effective planning of engineering maintenance work, minimising downtime and breakdowns.
- Cost control, budgeting and variance analysis reporting.
- Defect elimination and maintenance strategy adjustments.
- Hazard identification, incident investigations and reporting.
- Continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring maintenance team and contractors working in the underground area have the correct qualifications, competencies and documentation.
- Providing mentoring, training and performance evaluations for subordinates.
- Responsible for ensuring effectiveness of the Environmental Management System.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mechanical, Electrical or other relevant engineering degree.
- Professional registration with an accredited engineering body advantageous.
- 10 years previous experience as a Maintenance Engineer for underground TMM and fixed plant as well as surface plant and equipment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a managerial or similar level role within engineering maintenance.
- Well-versed on SAP.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and customer service skills.
- Able to carry out safety inspections and identify safety hazards.
- Extensive maintenance planning skills and experience.
- Experience leading and training multi-cultural, diverse teams.
- Previous expatriate experience in Africa.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Fixed term contract with possible renewal.
- FIFO rotation.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.