Reference No. 256 09 RR
Underground Mine Production Specialist (Mining / UG / Stoping / Safety / Gold) – Tanzania, East Africa
Reference Number: 256 09 RR
Our client, a global leading mining company, is seeking an Underground Mine Production Specialist who will support, develop and train an effective local team capable of delivering industry leading practices within an underground mine environment, particularly underground mine production activities related to planning & technical support functions.
- Identify, understand, and address safety hazards and risks related to the task.
- Continually look for new hazards in the workplace and report them to Supervisor.
- Demonstrate work behaviours consistent with the company Safety Vision & Values and work within prescribed boundaries.
- Promptly report all injuries, illnesses, and incidents.
- Suggest ways of improving Safety performance within Mining department.
- Speak up if he/she thinks that the task cannot be done safely and courage to talk to Supervisor he/she thinks of being unable to work at his/her best.
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure that all environmental risks and emerging issues are identified, and mitigation plans to put in place
- Build and lead the Operation Mining support teams and assist in the development of local.
- Provide specialist support in key processes and systems to drive the best performance from all team members.
- Analyse and identify key skills & knowledge required by all team members in order to carry out their roles effectively and safely.
- Demonstrate advanced application of Underground Mining Production Processes & Practices.
- Provide specialist support in key underground mining processes and performance optimization.
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure the technical aspects of the operations which include mine planning, survey, fleet management, drill & blast, and have the required resources in place to support the mining operations.
- Demonstrate advanced application of principles of underground mine design including production and development using highly mechanised underground trackless equipment, ventilation systems, production techniques.
- Work to support underground development, production management, surveying, geology, and contract management.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of appropriate underground geotechnical evaluation methods.
- Advise the best practice drilling & blasting techniques to reduce blast damage and dilution in an underground mine environment.
- Proactively identify impacts, issues and opportunities associated with changes in other disciplines/ process (and vice versa).
- Lead minor to medium projects and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers
- Identify areas for improvement in operational blueprints (systems, processes, procedures & tasks) to ensure adherence to plan, reduce variation and maximize cost effective utilization.
- Interpret data to initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
- Use cost-benefit thinking to set priorities and identify cost-effective approaches.
- Actively look for ways to manage costs without impacting on planned outcomes using the OE approach.
- Provide support in generating annual mine budget that link into ore reserve calculations.
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure the development of optimised short term, medium- and long-term plans that ensure delivery of the budget requirements and the operations strategy.
- Generate innovative solutions, which continuously improve the performance of existing assets, products, services, or processes.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 10+ years' proven experience in mine production in underground mining environment of which at least three (3) years is at technical level within a production department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering, a College Diploma in Mineral Technology or other related field, relevant experience may be considered equivalent.
- Competent to fulfil the statutory role as Explosives License holder.
- Experience working with International UG mining contractors who operate underground mechanized trackless equipment will be highly regarded.
- Experience in Stoping is essential (LOS / TOS)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate opportunity
- Rotation 9/3 FIFO
- Approx. 5 flights per annum
- USD Net salary package
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.