Let's find out where you can grow your career
Vice President of Operations (O&M / Mining / Gold) - Middle East
October 5, 2021
Reference Number: 845VG
Our client, a large, diversified mining company, is seeking a Vice President of Operations responsible for the overall direction and guidance of the company operations including the production units, administrative support functions, engineering and maintenance support, developing and implementing strategic plans to obtain objectives in safety performance, environmental compliance, regulatory compliance, and quality performance. As a member of the executive management team, the incumbent provides expert input and participates in strategic and business decision-making at executive level.
- Develop and successfully execute a Functional/departmental strategy (3+years) aligned with the organization strategy, achieving all relevant delivery results (production volumes, projects, yield, availability), Quality results, financial results (cost/capital), competitiveness, Productivity results and Risk, sustainability and HSE results.
- Accountable for the operation and maintenance of all underground and surface mining production, maintenance, processing in a safe and cost-efficient manner, to achieve or exceed established production incentives.
- Promote and monitor full compliance with all Country Government legislations and regulatory requirements relevant to the different functional areas at the mine operation. Oversee compliance by departmental managers with all company policies and procedures.
- Identify, formulate, and expand the development of effective plans and procedures to ensure maximum operating efficiencies, including cost controls. Formulate annual operating and capital budgets and optimize those expenditures.
- Defines and gains approval from the Sr. Vice President and the Board to an optimum organization structure for the company so that resources are optimally utilized, and communication can take place in an efficient manner.
- Initiates and drives possibilities of capital estimates of with new probabilities in projects (including sustained capital), with operating cost and raw materials quantities and economic attractiveness and assesses the conditions that will support this new business-like government rules, utility, social issues, utilities allocations, infrastructure and HSE issues.
- Verifies the prepared and concise reports for JVs board meetings as well as for company board meetings.
- Promote a Zero Harm Safety Culture as reflected by low accident and incident rates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, or related qualification / discipline required.
- 20 years’ experience in progressively senior operating roles in mining industry desired.
- Significant experience with organized labor and proven engagement / collaboration with union leadership required.
- Demonstrated success in team revitalization, local community relationship building and driving organizational and cultural change in a similar unionized environment.
- A builder and lead of high-performance management teams focused on the cost-effective use of resources and optimized profit contribution while also establishing the performance standards and organizational culture for the mine.
- Proficient in decision making with the appropriate level of research and consultation. Seasoned business judgement abilities and must be able to handle multiple functions at the same time and good organizational skills.
- Project management experience including multi-team, multi-project responsibilities.
- Strategy and/or planning experience for large enterprises.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively align and influence the organization around common goals and objectives.
- Broad technical skills/ functional expertise in engineering and business environments.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver best results through complex cross-functional teams.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expat contract
- Residential OR FIFO
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.