Let's find out where you can grow your career
Vice President - Technical Services (Engineering / Geology / Enviro / Metallurgy / Base Metals) – Middle East
October 5, 2021
Reference Number: 2627VG
Our client, a large, diversified mining company, is seeking a Vice President of Technical Services responsible for leadership to the technical function at the company and providing strategic direction, advice and technical support to the Mines and product offtakes including developing new products to meet market demand. Responsible for maintaining assets at a superior standard, meeting technical services, quality, environmental and budget levels. Liaison with partners on new technical development such as digitalization, and cyber security.
- Develop and successfully execute a Functional/departmental strategy (3+years) aligned with the organization strategy, achieving all relevant delivery results (production volumes, projects, yield, availability), Quality results, financial results (cost/capital), competitiveness, Productivity results and Risk, sustainability and HSE results.
- Strategy formulation and direction setting.
- Manage direct reports' performance (manager of managers) and hold them accountable for the development of others.
- Develop, obtain Board approval for and direct the implementation of an effective business strategic plan pertaining to Technical Function for the development, exploitation, economic analysis, process design and project management.
- Direct the development and oversee the implementation of functional policies, processes, procedures and controls In line with ISO standards covering all areas of technical activity of company so that all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering the appropriate quality, and targeted production from the various technical in a cost-effective manner.
- Direct the preparation of the annual operational and capital expenses financial budget and manage to accomplish those budgets.
- Direct the planning related to all Business Plans, operations development and related projects to ensure smooth execution at subsequent stages of the project
- Ensure all technical functionalities are HSE and as per ISO standardization to ensure safe and healthy work environment with prime focus on business requirement.
- Direct the execution of initial research and assessment of market potential.
- Leading negotiations with marketing partners, obtaining intelligence and advising the President on pricing strategies and associate costing.
- Establish deliberate stakeholder relations (internal and external) aimed at delivering predefined functional objectives.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree engineering or equivalent required.
- Good knowledge of economic and financial analysis and modelling.
- 18 to 20 years in the extractive / chemical industry, with at least 10 of those years in a managerial role in Operations, Technical, financial and economic modelling and market research.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver best results through complex cross-functional teams.
- Project management experience including multi-team, multi-project responsibilities.
- Strategy and/or planning experience for large enterprises.
- Proven track record of leading planning process in large organization, ideally exploration in mining organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively align and influence the organization around common goals and objectives.
- Broad technical skills/ functional expertise in engineering and business environments.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate contract
- Residential or FIFO
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.