Let's find out where you can grow your career
Warehouse & Logistics Manager (Oil Analysis / Inventory / Stock Control / Supply Chain) – Gauteng, South Africa
008 1404 SV
Responsible for the overall stock control and ensure that stock levels are within authorised parameters. Ensure that there is adequate stock to meet forecasted demand at the agreed service level. Liaise with Managers and Branches on all matters relating to the supply of stock. Ensures the accuracy of the stock-holding by means of a planned cycle counting program. Supervises the Stores Team. Manages all Logistics for the Company.
- Direct, manage and control supply of raw materials and finished goods to ensure availability to all depots/sites
- Update and maintain procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as production, sales, marketing, finance, and quality assurance.
- Participate in the coordination of product changes to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material and production flow.
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Define supplier performance for measurement, comparison, or evaluation, such as product cost or quality.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving, in conjunction with the Financial Manager.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Negotiate prices and delivery of materials to produce cost savings, reduce lead times and manage contracts.
- Assess the entire flow of goods and materials to ensure efficient delivery, quality goods, and on-time delivery of those goods.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Assess appropriate material handling procedures, equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials. Design and/or implement warehousing strategies for raw materials and finished products.
- Staff management and leadership.
- Setting of both departmental and individual objectives to meet strategic objectives, in the form of individual performance plans.
- Tracking of performance through the performance plan and instituting required actions where performance is found to be lacking. Identifying training needs and setting development plans in conjunction with the training department matrix. Organizing, Planning, Prioritising, and coordinating work of the Stores Team.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Grade 12
- Minimum 5 years related experience as a Stock Controller with knowledge on both importing and exporting
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Strong PC skills (MS Excel and MS Word)
- SHEQ training would be highly beneficial
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate, attention to detail, technically minded, methodical, energetic, responsible, self starter
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role