Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-01-09T09:47:09+00:00
Reference Number: LH-1
The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the J&J Transport Zambia Ltd finance department and in particular, the accountability for banking, cash flow management and the achievement of Group objectives. The individual will effectively manage a team of individuals in order to prepare accurate and timely accounting records, financial statements and year end/internal audits. The Finance Manager will assume responsibility for compliance with VAT, Corporations Tax, Payroll Taxes and any other statutory regulations thereby becoming the key Group contact for such matters. The individual will also be expected to proactively ensure risks and opportunities in the environment are correctly addressed. Along with the above the Finance Manager will assist in commercial, procurement and operational issues when and as required by the GM.
The Finance Manager reports directly to the General Manager and Group Finance Manager.
Outline of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Asset Management – Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of asset management/Monthly update and maintenance of assets purchased, sold and scrapped/Monthly update and maintenance of wear and tear schedule/Monthly update and maintenance of instalment sale agreement register/Ensuring that accounting policy in respect of assets is adhered to.
- Debtors and receivables – Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of debtor’s management/ For new debtors applications ensuring that credit application with supporting documents are received and necessary credit checks have been done/ Timely collection of outstanding debtors amounts/Weekly reporting of outstanding debtors to Group Financial Manager/Ensuring invoicing procedures of company are adhered to/ Investigating and reporting to Group Financial Manager reasons for credit notes and signing of credit notes/Reporting quantity and value of credit notes to Group Financial Manager/Signing off of monthly debtors reconciliations/Ensuring that accounting policy in respect of debtors is adhered to.
- Creditors and payments -Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of creditor’s management/For new creditor applications ensure necessary company procedures are followed/ Reviewing, investigating queries and signing of all creditor reconciliations/Reporting to Group Financial Manager queries on creditors reconciliations older than 60 days/Ensuring that authorization limits for purchases are adhered to/Managing and reporting of outstanding orders/Managing and reporting of work in process/Ensuring that accounting policy in respect of creditors is adhered to.
- Stock -Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of stock management/Attending and reviewing of stock take procedures/Reporting of stock take variances to Group Financial Manager and risk department/Ensuring that accounting policy in respect of stock is adhered to.
- Bank and cash- Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of cash management/ Daily reporting of cash flow/Monthly updating and reporting of monthly cash flow forecast to Group Financial Manager/Authorization of all payments after authorization from Group Financial Manager/ Maintaining of good relations with bankers/Ensuring bank accounts do not exceed limits/Ensuring that accounting policy of company in respect of cash management is adhered to.
- VAT/TAXES Statutory requirements – Ensuring that all legislative requirements in terms of tax laws are met/Monthly accounting of deferred and normal tax on accounting system/Ensuring that accounting policy of company in respect of taxes is adhered to.
- Salaries/wages/Staff – Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of salaries and wages/Reviewing of weekly and monthly payroll with all supporting documentation/Reporting of discrepancies on payrolls to each individual head of department/Ensuring timely payment of all deductions to various entities/Ensuring that accounting policy of company in respect of salaries and wages are adhered to/Ensure that all personnel records are up to date for each employee/Ensure that leave records are properly maintained and in line with company policy/Ensure that all staff are correctly managed and tasks allocated fairly and that all employees/understand their duties and responsibilities/Coaching on correct on the job procedures/Performance Management of staff according to the policy of the company.
- Journals – All journals must be completed on the prescribed journal document/All journals must be accompanied with supporting documentation and a comprehensive description must be provided on the journal/All journals must be authorised by the Financial Manager before capturing on the accounting/system/ All journals must be filed in numerical order by one person and kept in the office of the Financial Manager.
- Reporting dates – Management accounts, profit and Loss Statements, Balance Sheet and supporting schedules, asset register, instalment sale / Finance agreement schedule handed in at Group Financial Manager on 6th working day of every new month including commentary on budget variations/ Debtors and Creditor’s reconciliation finalized and signed off on 20TH of every month/ VAT reconciliation and calculation on 20th of every month/ Cash flow forecast for next month 20th of every month/Legislative forms submitted to various entities on their cut off dates/ weekly payroll on every Wednesday/Monthly payroll on 20th of every month/ Outstanding leave balance to Head of Departments on 20th of every month.
- IT – Ensure that timely backups are made of financial information/ The Company operating procedures for IT software is properly implemented, managed and maintained/ regular maintenance of users on accounting and payroll system. Remove resigned employees/Proper authorization levels for new employees at all levels.
- Fraud Prevention – Ensure that proper Internal Controls are in place to prevent fraud/ Application and implementation and monitoring of these to ensure compliance across all Departments.
- Risk/Insurance – Ensure that all company assets are adequately insured in line with company policy/ Ensure that the company meets all insurance requirements of the countries in which the vehicles operate/ Provide detailed report on a monthly basis of all policies in place and outstanding claims and status thereof.
- Annual Company Audit -Prepare necessary audit files for external auditors/ Provide all necessary information with thirty days of the financial year-end.
- Quality Management. Implement and maintain quality management system (QMS) as applicable on administration department.
- Financial Duties and Responsibilities -Ensure an effective financial system is implemented and maintained on all job related aspects/Establish a system for effective budgeting monthly and annually.
- Ensuring that you are always up to date with changes in accounting standards and relevant country tax law amendments.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining a safe work environment at all time and inspecting equipment for safety compliance and reporting any unsafe equipment, tools or practices.
- Fully adhering and strictly complying with all HSE Manuals, Guidelines and Memos.
- Any other duties as delegated by Management.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Compliance with all procedures
- 360 Degree feedback: An annual survey will be undertaken that allows your peers and superiors to comment on your performance, and you on theirs.
- On time performance: You must get to work within the required timeframes.
- Administration: All administration must be completed to standard and in agreed timeframes.
- KPIs, goals and objectives measurements included in Performance Appraisals.
- According and limited to Company Authority matrix.
- Must follow the Company’s safety guidelines and general policies, procedures and ethos as outlined in the Company Handbook and Contract.
- Cannot partake in any activities which would be deemed as a conflict of interest in your role with the Company.
- Must not participate in serious misconduct as this will lead to termination of employment.
- Where there is a dispute between yourself, a team member or suppliers this is to be referred to your immediate supervisor at the earliest instance.
- Cannot commit to any business without approval from the Managers.
Two (2) direct reports.
- Communication. Refers to communication within the company and to clients.
Communication with senior employees.
Communication with peers.
Communication with junior employees.
Communication with clients.
Communication with contractors.
- Direction. provide direction in terms of actions towards certain future outcomes.
Researches and scans the external environment continuously.
Has a wider vision when determining certain future outcomes.
Investigates, researches, compares trends and methodologies.
Provides / communicates clear guidelines i.t.o vision / strategies from the top down in an unambiguous manner.
Determines / interprets own medium and long-term goals and objectives from the strategic direction / vision received.
Interprets policies to implement strategies in own area of work.
Plans and sets out the resources required for the execution of operations and tasks.
Aligns own vision with the strategic direction of the organisation.
Establishes ownership or obtains buy-in from subordinates of the vision.
- Conceptualising. The potential or capacity to reason in spatial terms, see the relationship between parts, complete the picture, envisage the whole or end results and anticipate the outcome.
Determines and visualises end results / outcomes.
Presents conceptual ideas in such a way that it is easily understood.
Develops new methods or easier ways of doing things on an ongoing basis.
Identifies / determines the building block or underlying causes of problems.
Determines the relationships and interprets the link between ideas.
Surveys and validates inputs / ideas on continuous basis.
Links ideas and inputs to form a higher-level concept / conclusion.
- Insight. The potential or capacity to understand, grasp, reflect with foresight and intuitively know things.
Identifies and understands core problems / issues.
Analyses / interprets and corrects potential problems timeously.
Makes meaningful and sensible deductions / forecasts by considering relevant / various information / inputs.
Applies knowledge and experience in the execution of his current duties.
Explains concepts, situations and systems in a clear manner.
Interprets and executes policies and takes ownership thereof.
Applies new ideas that contribute to the achievement of the organisations' objectives.
Finds solutions, better means or methods, when the necessary means or methods are unavailable, unknown, or inadequate.
Acquires and applies knowledge of different and new aspects of work.
- Judgement. Judgement refers to the potential or capacity to evaluate and judge situations or alternative strategies, actions and outcomes against rational, logical assumptions.
Collects, evaluates and analyses relevant facts and information, weighing up all options, selecting the best solution timeously.
Acts fairly and without prejudice.
Protects, defends and develops his own point of view and opinion, while still promoting good relations.
Corrects unacceptable behaviour effectively, decisively and with self-control.
- Analytical Thinking. Refers to the potential / capacity to collect, process, analyse and integrate
information and facts into a relevant, factual outcome or conclusion.
Collects, integrates and analyses relevant information vital to achieving specific outcomes / requirements.
Investigates and validates facts and draws conclusions based on sound research principles.
Identifies the crux of any given problem.
Monitors and evaluates tasks and activities in a logical manner.
- Applied Strategic Planning. Refers to the potential or capacity to utilise strategic direction in a level
headed, practical and proactive manner to plan appropriate courses of action in realising the
strategic goals of the organisation.
Uses organisational interests as a yardstick before making final decisions on matters.
Aligns past and present decisions with the strategic direction of the organisation.
Determines appropriate goals / actions to support the organisations' strategic direction.
Obtains and utilises resources effectively in the execution of strategic direction.
Develops sub-processes to consistently support the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Leadership. Refers to the potential or capacity to realise the immediate and long-term implications and impacts of environmental trends, decisions, events, actions and problems on business,
followers and own performance and to lead accordingly.
Directs and develops interpersonal relationships within own department.
Evaluates work performance in order to determine progress with regards to objectives.
Is consistent in attitude, opinion and action yet flexible when circumstances dictate.
Presents information clearly and unambiguously.
Is an active listener and receptive to other peoples' suggestions.
Provides continuous feedback to relevant others (supervisors, peers and / or subordinates).
Demonstrates individual consideration by appreciating each colleague's potential to contribute by providing support and encouragement.
Discusses new trends and ideas and sets good examples to encourage followers to change their basic way of thinking.
Convinces subordinates that they have the ability to exceed perceived levels of performance.
Influences subordinates by showing them the way to attain objectives.
- Evaluation. Evaluating refers to the potential or capacity to ask questions, investigate, look into, search,
analyse, give attention, compare, attend to detail and insist on quality etc.
Analyses, evaluates and corrects information within the framework of total quality management.
Changes or adapts plans at the most opportune moment before incurring losses.
Evaluates processes and tasks to ensure continuous improvement.
Determines if processes and methods still adhere to set specifications and requirements.
- Discipline. Attendance, disposition towards other employees and safety.
Respect of employees at all levels.
Respect of the company’s image.
Adherence to safety regulations.
- Soft Skills – Behaviors / Personal Competences
- Good communication skills;
- Good judgment and high levels of responsibility and accountability;
- Hard worker, with high levels of energy and self-motivation;
- Diligent with strong attention to detail;
- Results orientated with delivery capabilities and good time management skills;
- Planning and Organization Skills;
- Decision making skills;
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, co-workers, Managers, Customers, and 3rd parties;
- Conflict management ability;
- Pro-active management style with initiative, dynamism and assertiveness approach;
- Good judgment and ability to lead by example by demonstrating high ethical and moral behaviour whilst ensuring compliance with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Security policy and Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy for yourself and any of your direct reports;
- Show high levels of skills and interest in developing others;
- Available to pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role;
- PRO: DAB/C
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.