Reference No. CDTLKMRE1
Reference Number: CDTLKMRE1
Our banking client is currently recruiting a Market Risk Expert, to be based in Khartoum, Sudan. The incumbent is to provide independent risk oversight over treasury/investments activities including management and reporting of treasury risks associated with borrowings from the capital markets, investment activities, and overall assets and liabilities management. The expert will also provide analytical support, advice and opinions to enable the company to make informed and profitable investment and borrowing decisions with a view to preserve capital, optimize profitability and maintain a strong credit rating.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director, Risk Management & Compliance Department, the Market Risk (Treasury) Expert will have the following responsibilities:
- Ongoing compliance monitoring and risk reporting of treasury/investments activities, market and counterparty credit risk exposures, and the provision of related treasury risk expertise in support of the overall risk management activities of the company.
- Collect complex market information and process/simplify it ready for decision-making.
- Review and assignment of counterpart exposure limits in accordance with the company’s prudential policies, as well as maintaining and updating the approved lists of counterparties and limits for depository banks, brokers, futures counterparties, etc.
- Review of proposed investment/divestment/reallocation and other decisions/proposals from the Investments department prior to their submission to the Investment Committee.
- Preparation of periodic risk reports to the Assets and Liability Management Committee (ALCO), and Audit/Risk Committee covering the investments portfolio.
- Provide necessary input on treasury activities and risks to internal and external auditors as appropriate.
- Review of Investment Manager’s periodic reports and advising on their overall performance in managing the company’s assets and complying with applicable limits and constraints.
- Analyse and advise on complex or recurrent issues arising from the bank’s investments and liquidity portfolios such as the costs and valuation of derivative contracts, calculation and analysis of Potential Future exposure (PFE), etc.
- Keep abreast of developments on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and their impacts on reporting in financial statements, especially in relation to complex financial instruments;
- Verification and ongoing monitoring of the matching between the financial terms of the bank’s assets and liabilities to maintain market risk within the bank’s risk appetite statement.
- Working with financial data providers to collect and analyse all market data necessary for portfolios valuation, counterparties credit profile assessments, and other treasury data needs.
- Maintain approved lists of ISDA, ISMA, depository banks, brokers and futures counterparties.
- Review and maintain up-to-date Treasury Risk Management operational procedures, propose new controls and optimized processes to reduce operational risk;
- Participate to the negotiation and review of clauses in ISDA/CSA and GMRA agreements to ensure an adequate legal framework for treasury operations;
- Contribute to the implementation of treasury risk measures or activity dashboards needed to be in line with industry standards, best practices, audit and rating agencies requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Hold at least a Master's degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Banking.
- Professional certification in Risk and/or Finance such as Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Professional Risk Manager (PRM), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certificate in Quantitative Finance (CQF) will be an advantage.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience in International Financial Institutions or Investment Banks, with a large scope of treasury or fixed income activities. Working experience in Fixed Income and Derivatives front-office, middle-office or risk management departments will be an advantage.
- Communication; Client orientation; Team working and relationships; Operational effectiveness.
- Solid quantitative background, extensive analytical skills and ability to efficiently solve problems independently and proactively
- Ability to cope under pressure with strong planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of financial and/or risk reporting.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a multicultural team.
- Well-organized with a proven ability to solve problems independently with a strong sense of personal ownership and a focus on timelines and delivering results
- Experience in using Bloomberg, Reuters, as well as a knowledge programming or database languages like Excel VBA, SQL, R, Python or C++ would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English (required), Arabic (strong advantage), and French (desired).
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.