Discover the career of a Commercial Manager working in Cameroon
What industry do you work in and what exactly are your skills?
My line of work is commercial management and my skills are:
- Business strategy;
- Good knowledge of the use of social network;
- Analysis of market share;
- Management management (sales force);
- Provides Competitive Intelligence;
- Business Negotiation;
- Managing client portfolios;
- Award and followed monthly goals with clients;
- Create and develop new customers and distribution channels;
- Enabling vectors sale (quality, visibility, distribution, pricing, promotion and persuasion);
- Ensure the planning, implementation and reporting of Promotional activities;
- Entertainment POS Management, sponsorship.
What inspired you to get into this sort of industry?
The desire to overcome various industry challenges and to excel is what inspired me to tap into this industry.
What qualifications and experience did you have to gain in order to establish yourself and therefore become a professional within your industry?
- Guinness Cameroon SA – Supervisor Project Manager; Seller
- Breweries of Cameroon SA / Procurement Service – Assistant Marketing
- CODIMEX Cameroon SA- Regional Sales Manager
- TNT Cameroon- Head of Sales
- FARMING CAMEROON Sarl (Since November 2012 HOLLAND)- Sales Director.
What is the most challenging aspect within your field of work?
The Competition in my line of work is intense and trying to maintain competitive advantage is also rather challenging.
How do you manage and overcome these challenges?
I manage these challenges by practicing a lot of competitive intelligence and by constantly upgrading my skills and knowledge such as training on the internet and staying abreast of social network trends.
What has been the highlight of your career?
There are two:
- The job position Project Supervisor for Guinness Cameroon and Sales
- Director for HOLLAND FARMING Sarl CAMEROON.
If somebody starts as a trainee / beginner within your line of work, what could they earn in salary?
Between 100 and 200 000 FCFA.
What can this person expect to earn after 10 years of experience?
Between 600 and 700 000 FCFA.
Who is your role model and why?
My Mom is my role model for all the strength, character and courage it took for her to raise us all alone (8 children) for at least 16 years.
What motivates you to work this hard?
My wife and children are my motivating factors and my personal desire to constantly excel.
What is your outlook within your industry over the next 5 years?
My outlook for the next 5 years is to become an expert or consultant and to initiate my own official account.
As you know, numerous African countries are being invested in due to their rich minerals. Which country within Africa do you think will be the next hot spot and why?
CAMEROON because of its mineral rich basement, the stability found in the country as there is no war or terrorism, its culture diversity and its strategic position in Central Africa.
View LinkedIn Profile
Junior Francis Fotie