Discover the working career of a Risk Control Specialist: Dieter Moll
What industry do you work in and what exactly are your skills?
Safety + Security Risk Management + Audit Compliance (Management Systems ) with specific focus on the following:
- Providing Industry based training in Safety , Security and Audit Compliance – sub-contracted as a free-lance consultant lecturer with Traiconevents .
- Documenting and ensuring communication of key risks.
- Gathering risk-related data from internal or external resources.
- Recommending ways to control or reduce risk.
- Maintaining input or data quality of risk management systems.
- Planning and contributing to development of risk management systems.
- Producing reports or presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, or recommend changes.
- Analyzing new legislation to determine impact on risk exposure.
- Developing or implementing risk-assessment models or methodologies.
- Develop contingency plans to deal with emergencies.
- Identifying and analyzing areas of potential risk to the assets, earning capacity, or success of organizations.
- Conducting statistical analyses to quantify risk using statistical analysis software or econometric models.
- Identifying key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, such as asset types and values, legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases, or industry segments.
- Meeting with clients to answer queries on subjects such as risk exposure, market scenarios, or values-at-risk
- Conferring with traders to identify and communicate risks associated with specific trading strategies or positions.
- Providing statistical modeling advice to other departments.
- Tracking, measuring, and reporting on aspects of market risk for traded issues.
- Skills , Competency and Expertise
- HSE Audit + Compliance
- Analysis of HAZOPS and HAZIDS
- Safety / Security Project Implementation
- Commercial + Industrial Security Operations
- Security Risk Management + Analysis
- ERP Policy Writing + Implementation
- Emergency / Disaster Planning Specialist
- Incident Command + Control
- HSE Hazard + Risk Analysis
What inspired you to get into this sort of industry?
This was my career choice after 10 years as SAP Counter Insurgency Member.
What qualifications and experience did you have to gain In order to establish yourself and therefore become a professional within your industry?
- Education , Training and Certification;
- Diploma in Security Risk Management;
- Churchill Education (Australian Qualification Framework) License 31430/111132;
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety;
- Churchill Education (Australian Qualification Framework) License 31430/111131;
- Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO);
- Global Marine / DNV License PFSO/103/05;
- IRCA Lead Auditor – OHSAS 1800 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems);
- Intertek / Moody;
- NEBOSH International General Certificate;
- The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health;
- Tripod Beta Incident Analysis (Tripod Beta Full Curriculum Practitioner);
- AdviSafe Risk Management ( The Stichting Tripod Foundation );
- IOSH , Managing Safely;
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (in association with British Safety Services);
- Certificate 4 in Assessment and Workplace Training;
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace;
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health License 8493324;
- RABQSA Lead Auditor – ISO 28000 : 2007 – ( Security Management Systems Supply Chain );
- (RABQSA) Quality Management International, Inc;
- Certificate for CUVSS (Under-Vehicle Surveillance Systems);
- Operational Training and Engineering System Support.
What is the most challenging aspect within your field of work?
Implementing Compliance to this Industry as well as International delivery of risk management are a few of the challenges for me personally within this industry.
How do you manage and overcome these challenges?
I manage to overcome such challenges by breaking them down into phases/steps as a means to introduce changes as the business continuity allows.
What has been the highlight of your career?
11 Years as a Safety + Security Compliance Officer for Qatar Petroleum which involved ensuring compliance for a Security Directorate in the MENA Regions.
If somebody starts as a trainee / beginner within your line of work, what could they earn in salary?
Starting base line salary in the 1 – 1000 US $ / day.
What can this person expect to earn after 10 years of experience?
Avergaing salary between 500 – 1000 US $ / day depending on Regional experience.
What motivates you to work this hard?
Years of succussful implementation and certification achievements for business is what motivates me.
What is your outlook within your industry over the next 5 years?
To continue to grow and expand my skills – I will never be able to go on without risk management in Safety or Security.