Group Operations Executive Job: MD Designate in Durban
Group Operations Executive: Managing Director Designate
(MD/ Risk / Agriculture/ Crops / Management Accounting/ Feasibility / Profitability / Strategic) – Durban
CA Finance has a multinational client operating in the agribusiness sector, seeking a very strong leader with exceptional management skills, to take on the role of Group Operations Executive. Your role will focus on managing the operations to optimise sustainable profitability of the group.
Click on the tabs below for the job details:
- Operations Management Responsibilities
- Strategic Initiatives Responsibilities
- Requirements (Qualification & Skills):
- Contractual information:
- Provide leadership to GM’s
- Motivate estate GM’s and assist estates to achieve targets
- Assist GM’s with planning to ensure that the business standards and procedures are maintained
- Participate in recruiting and appointing key staff, according to the company policies and procedures
- Monitor staff performance and implement plans to develop key staff Problem solving on estates
- Assist Estate Management to identify and resolve problems timeously
- Be alert to opportunities to improve company profitability, so as to enhance revenue and save costs
- Manage budget formulation and monitoring
- Manage and control entire budget formulation and monitoring processes
- Ensure budgets are accurate and staff understand budgets
- Ensure GM’s use budgets to manage their divisions Participate in strategy formulation for operations
- Understand the economic drivers of the estates in terms of crop selection, location, climate & soils, marketing arrangements and contracts with suppliers
- Identify opportunities for development and to improve profitability
- Keep abreast of industry, regional and country developments affecting viability and profits
- Make appropriate inputs into group strategy formulation Maintain relationships with estate stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relations with government departments, specifically relating to land restitution and transformation of agriculture
- Keep abreast of all industry developments, participate in industry discussions and forums
- Develop and maintain relations with Joint Venture partners
- Represent the company on Boards of Joint Ventures and subsidiaries
- In addition to managing the operations (previous tab) the Group Operations Executive will be required to play a role in the determination and implementation of strategy within the group. Identify opportunities
- Network widely, understand various industry sectors, contribute to industry boards and forums, liaise with stakeholders, evaluate agricultural markets and follow agricultural trends and regulatory changes.
- Evaluate opportunities
- Assist with compiling and evaluating financial models in conjunction with management accounting.
- Assist with preparation of feasibility studies, identify and evaluate risks, present risk mitigation plans, prioritise projects, understand and evaluate legal aspects and country parameters. Negotiate business transactions
- Assist Managing Director and Finance Director to prepare negotiating strategies, research prices and evaluate recent market activity
- Develop understanding of government departments and mechanisms with regards to restitution and land claims
- Follow changes in regulations and applications thereof
- Assist Managing Director and Finance Director to prepare legal agreements with legal team Implement new developments
- In conjunction with project task team, plan new developments, employ consultants and contractors, employ and manage specialist advisors, get necessary approvals, establish programs and budgets, decide on technical parameters, recruit staff and set up systems.
- Experience working in similar position from the following sectors: agriculture, forestry, crop management, farming or similar
- Must have experience 10+ years’ experience
- Must have strong people management and leadership skills
- Must be a South African national
- Permanent role
- Must be willing to travel
Alternatively, if you feel this is not the opportunity for you but you know someone who matches the skills requirements of this job, kindly share this opportunity with them.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
VISIT OUR JOB PORTALS
We have a few exciting new job opportunities available for finance professionals in Africa!
Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for other updates pertaining to
jobs, industry news and discussions in Africa!
#agriculturecareers #GroupOperationsExecutive #Forestry #Profitability #MDDesignate #ManagementAccounting #MD #CropManagement #Feasibility #Strategic #agriculture #crops #agriculturejobs #farming #DurbanJobs #JobsinAgribusiness #JobsinDurban #Risk