Letšeng Diamond Mine discovers TWO unique diamonds

Letšeng Diamond Mine has discovered two extremely unique diamonds all in a timeframe of merely 5 months. Gem Diamonds Ltd is the London-based majority shareholder of Letšeng Diamond Mine with 70% shares with the Lesotho government owning the remaining 30%. On Monday Gem Diamonds Ltd let the world know about the discovery of a 12.47 carat blue diamond and an 83.8 carat white diamond. These special findings are described by the company as “exceptional quality”.

This is certainly not the first time that the Letšeng Diamond Mine has been extremely fortunate in diamond discoveries; earlier this year Letšeng announced the discovery of 3 diamonds weighing   164-carat,  103-carat and 100-carat, with the former being sold for $ 9 million. The other two diamonds were sold for unrevealed amounts.

Gem Diamonds Limited released the following press release:

“Gem Diamonds Limited is pleased to announce the recovery of a rare 12.47 carat blue diamond and an 83.8 carat, exceptional quality, white diamond from the Letšeng mine in Lesotho in September 2013. Both of these diamonds are expected to fetch good prices at Letšeng’s tenders held in Antwerp, Belgium.”

It has been publicized that the mine is likely to carry on finding further high- quality stones before the end of the year. Letšeng continues to recover large, white, largely undamaged diamonds on a relatively consistent basis as well as the occasional rare blue or pink diamond. As mining focuses on the higher value and higher grade Satellite pipe during the latter part of this year, it is expected that Letšeng will continue to produce more of these exceptional diamonds.

Letšeng was bought by Gem Diamonds in 2006 for $118.5 million. The mine has produced some of the world’s biggest diamonds, including the 603-carat Lesotho Promise in 2006; the largest diamond unearthed this century, and a 550-carat stone that was discovered in 2011.

Check point

1079 Views0 Comments

7 thoughts on “Spotlight on a CA Global Recruitment Manager: Shearidan Rabsch

  1. gralion torile says:

    This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

  2. gralion torile says:

    Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your website is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you?¦ve on this site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found just the info I already searched everywhere and just couldn’t come across. What a perfect web-site.

  3. Scarlett says:

    Normally I don’t read article on blogs, but I would like to
    say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do so!
    Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite nice article.

  4. graliontorile says:

    I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thank you, I will try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your website?

  5. gralion torile says:

    Good site! I really love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I could be notified when a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a great day!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *