Reference No. SRBLR-M-PABF-Oil&Gas
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SRBLR-M-PABF-Oil&Gas
Nature & Scope:
The position holder will support the Director, Project & Asset Based Finance and Senior Manager to manage to the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) and associated portfolio as follows:
- Work with Client Relation (CLRE) to prepare an annual business development plan which will ultimately ensure PABF meet the Bank’s strategic objectives as set up in the Enterprise-Wide Strategy;
- Develop an annual pipeline of viable (Greenfield and Brownfield) projects that promotes Value addition and deepen Intra and Extra African trade;
- Develop a strategic and annual implementation plan and develop a resource plan for the team.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual business development plan, in relation to the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives portfolio;
- Develop an Operating Strategy for the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives unit that will contribute to the Department and Bank-wide strategy;
- Translate business development plans into commercially viable transactions for the Bank;
- As the specialist for Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives within the Bank, the Job Holder will work with CLRE to develop Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives projects that meets the risk appetite;
- Originate commercially viable transactions from market participants which may include international banks, African financial institutions, project finance intermediaries, project sponsors and developers, corporates and organizations;
- Originate, coordinate and execute commercially viable transactions under the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives portfolio across member countries, in liaison with regional offices and with support from Director, Project & Asset Based Finance;
- Develop and advise D(PABF) on Initiatives the unit can develop to generate bankable Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives;
- Provide guidance and updates to Director, PABF on activities in the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives Unit;
- Coordinate the evaluation and appraisal of client proposals and provide feedback with the aim of making the transactions bankable;
- Develop, negotiate and structure proposals and term sheets to feasibility and execution;
- Provide leadership and co-ordinate all activities of the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives Unit by ensuring that the processing of transactions from origination and through the credit approval process is finalised within optimal time;
- Support the Credit Department with relevant information to facilitate the credit appraisal process and the Legal Department to facilitate the transaction documentation process, in line with relevant service level agreements;
- Liaise with the Banking Operations Department to ensure a timely disbursement of approved facilities, in line with service level agreements and requirements. Collaborate with the Client Relations Teams to ensure the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives portfolio is managed according to the terms of the facility agreement until expiration of the facility;
- Develop and enhance capacity by supporting training initiatives for the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives Unit and Client Relations Team on project finance solutions, in order to enhance the Bank’s market opportunities, intervention opportunities and transaction pipeline development;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized university. A professional qualification in Banking or Finance will be an added advantage;
- Relevant experience of at least 8 years within organisations familiar with project-related financing and the associated risk participation structures suitable for project related financings;
- Ability to communicate and operate in a culturally diverse and change oriented environment;
- Ability to engage with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments as required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage;
- Proven experience in project finance solutions as the candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of structuring, negotiating and pitching project finance solutions and interventions;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Manager – Banking and Finance | Africa
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.