Afreximbank Research Sabbatical Programme (RSP) – How to Apply
,RSP Programme Offering
The Afreximbank Research Sabbatical Programme offers individuals from academic or research institutions the opportunity to undertake relevant research contributing to the Bank’s intellectual leadership in fulfillment of its mandate.
The 2021 Afreximbank Research Sabbatical Program is now accepting applications until ,10th July 2021,. The Programme is expected to commence in the academic year starting September 2021.
,Eligibility for the Research Sabbatical Programme
Position: Open primarily to senior lecturers / senior researchers from recognized Universities, research institutions or similar organisations. The programme is highly competitive and entry shall be based on merit.
Thematic Areas: The Bank is seeking for professionals who are interested in conducting research in the areas of intra-African trade and investments, including African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) issues, Africa’s industrialization & export development, trade finance, international payment systems and related exchange rate mechanisms, diaspora studies and/ or any other areas that are relevant to the Bank’s mandate.
Nationality: Applicants must be nationals of one of the Bank’s member/ participating states.
Language: Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other official languages will be an added advantage (French, Arabic, or Portuguese).
Period: Ready to commit to the Bank for a period of one (1) calendar year on a non-renewable basis.
,How to apply for the Afreximbank RSP
Interested applicants should complete an online application form on the Bank’s website and submit it electronically along with:
- Current CV and cover letter
- A defined plan of research activities with specific research outcomes, deliverables and timelines as well as supporting material that underpin the likelihood of achieving those outcomes and deliverables.
- Recommendation letter from present employer, confirming that the candidate’s job will still be available at the end of the sabbatical.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates.
- A short statement of intent (maximum of one A4 page) indicating why they should be considered for the programme.
,Thematic Research Areas of Interest for Afreximbank
The Bank is interested in research activities along the following key themes:
For more, detailed information about the areas that may be considered for each theme, click here.
- Theme 1 – Intra-African Trade
- Theme 2 – Industrialization and Export Development
- Theme 3 – Trade Finance Leadership
- Theme 4 – Financial Performance and Soundness
- Stipend: Successful candidates will join the Bank at a grade and salary scale determined by the Bank.
- Benefits: Candidates under the programme are not full-time staff and are therefore not entitled to the full range of benefits accorded to staff. However, the Bank will ensure that it provides appropriate benefits, which will include medical insurance, group personal accident cover and housing allowance. In addition, a research grant, as may be determined by the President from time to time, may be offered to fund research to be carried out by the candidates under this programme.
- Leave: Candidates will be entitled to the same leave benefits as other staff, as set out in the staff rules and regulations in force. However, leave days that remain unused at the end of the sabbatical, cannot be commuted to cash.
Learn more about the ,Afreximbank Research Sabbatical Programme.