CA Mining Job Alert: Geotechnical Engineer in Southern Africa’s Mining Industry
Are you a jobseeker with 10+ years of experience in the field? CA Mining is recruiting qualified candidates for a Geotechnical Engineer (Mining / Water Management / Design / Reporting / Sloping / Soil Mechanics) position in Southern Africa.
In this position, you would join the team of an international Engineering company that services the Mining and other industries in Southern Africa and would enjoy a competitive benefits package.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer on behalf of our client, a global Engineering Services provider that works across Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Environment, and Power verticals.
You would be responsible for:
- Supervision and management, coordination of deliverables, reviewing of technical design, and reporting.
- Reviewing slope stability assessments and in-situ geotechnical tests and laboratory tests interpretation.
- Redaction of technical reports, feasibility studies, and so on
- Report and proposal writing
- Business Development
Requirements: Qualifications and skills
- Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering Honours or Master’s degree
- Professional Registration (ECSA) or Equivalent
- 10 years experience in civil, dams, tailings, and/or geotechnical fields related to waste and water management in the mining industry
- Familiarity with advanced soil mechanics knowledge and modelling (critical state line, FEM modelling, triaxial testing)
- Good English redaction skills, with experience and/or participation in the redaction of technical reports, feasibility studies, etc.
This job includes:
- Opportunity for permanent employment
- Competitive package, benefits, and incentives
- Hybrid working model
- Cell & data allowances
- Continuous professional development and training
CONNECT WITH OUR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
Christo van der Ham, a Recruitment Consultant for CA Mining, is identifying candidates for this job and will assist you with your application.
If you wish to apply, email your CV to Christo at email@example.com.
You can also apply directly through our site HERE
Please note: We will only respond to short-listed candidates. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Visit our job board to find more jobs in the mining industry as well as other sectors in Africa.
CA Global Headhunters is a recruitment firm with 15+ years of experience specialising in the African markets across a wide range of industries. We offer top-tier staffing solutions to clients with projects and businesses of all scales. Explore our recruitment services, which include our Executive Search package and Retained Headhunting service.