Oktavianus Joumilena, mining candidate with over 8 years working experience
Every wondered how to become a successful Maintenance Supervisor in the mining industry?
Today is your lucky day as we get up-close with Oktavianus Joumilena, who has been in the mining industry for over 20 years and has some valuable insight on how to become a success in his field of work.
What industry do you work in?
I ‘ve worked in the copper and gold mine in Freeport (6 years) and coal mining (8 years to date).
What are your strengths?
- Responsible for maintenance and repair activities Including safety performance;
- Monitoring and reporting all equipment breakdown and personnel activities;
- Coordinating manpower and parts in the field and workshop facilities and subcontractors;
- Follow up and monitor to the dealer warranty as job status of all equipment;
- Guide the technician / mechanic for solving the problem of machine trouble shooting;
- Monitoring and follow-up of product improvement SOS result and maintain maintenance process asprocedure
What inspired you to get into this sort of industry?
Through my experience in petrambangan gold , copper and coal.
What is the most challenging aspect within your field of work?
Nothing is challenging because I can anticipate most things.
How do you manage and overcome these challenges?
Monitoring and reporting all equipment breakdown and personnel activities, coordinating manpower and parts in the field and workshop facilities and subcontractors, follow up and monitor to the dealer warranty as job status of all equipment, guide the technician / mechanic for solving the problem of machine trouble shooting and the monitoring & follow-up of product improvement SOS result and maintain maintenance process as procedure are all the ways in which I handle challenges.
What has been the highlight of your career?
My ability to reach the expected target .
If you had to describe yourself in FIVE WORDS, what would they be?
- Organized manpower for performing
- Excellent internal service
- External Customer revenue and job warranty
- Maintenance contract
- Team player
As you know , numerous African countries are being invested in due to their rich minerals . Country within Africa Which do you think will be the next hot spot and why?
I would say Zambia, Mozambique and the Congo.
CA Global is a big believer in Africa , why do YOU believe in Africa?
Because the entire country is booming and offers major wealth to the global working class.
Feel free to send us your CV today! Our main website address –,www.caglobalint.com – allows candidates to upload CV’s directly. Alternatively, you can forward your CV to me, zoe [at] caglobalint [dot] com